FREE AGENCY FRENZY: Around the NHL Moves/Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Oilers fans are insane. All of them. They bought into the rebuild hardcore. Every young player is the most valuable player in the world. It's fun.

This is very true. We were there once. "OMG we gave up Armstrong, Christensen, AND Esposito?!?!?!"

Once they start winning, they will realize that certain guys they once thought were good really aren't that great.

I honestly didn't expect MPS to have such a hard time with the NHL game, and I expected him to be way more productive than he has been. A change of scenery is probably the best for him.f

I think that Edmonton wins that deal.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
lots of RFAs filing for arbitration:

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 57s
Five members of the #NHLJets filed for arbitration: Zach Bogosian, Bryan Little, Paul Postma, Eric Tangradi and Blake Wheeler.

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/355079586113011712

Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance 1m
Notables electing salary arbitration (per @NHLPA): Brendan Smith, Sam Gagner, Muzzin, Zuccarello, Chris Stewart, Gunnarsson, Wheeler.

https://twitter.com/CraigCustance/status/355081152593281026

Last edited:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I'd love to sit in on Tangradi's arbitration. "Uhh, remember that game I had against the Penguins that one time? $4 million dollars please."

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
On the plus side, a Despres extension just got cheaper.

Not sure about that. If he has a big year it won't matter how bad Alzner's agent sucks. He'll be able to use other guys' contracts as a basis most likely. Then again they might stick him on the 3rd pairing / press box half the year to avoid a big boost in production. I could see them doing that to him.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Does that make Rask the highest paid goalie? I can't think of anyone else.

also, doesnt this put them insanely over the cap?

I think that Luongo is still the most paid?

But it's a terrible deal for Boston. Sure they get their goalie locked up for the forseeable future but I feel like he's getting paid for that one series against us.

What are they going to do if he craps the bed three years down the road? No-one will want to take the contract on and they won't be able to use the compliance buy-out on him.

Mar 22, 2010
Mother Base
I think that Luongo is still the most paid?

But it's a terrible deal for Boston. Sure they get their goalie locked up for the forseeable future but I feel like he's getting paid for that one series against us.

What are they going to do if he craps the bed three years down the road? No-one will want to take the contract on and they won't be able to use the compliance buy-out on him.

Luongo only has a $5.33 caphit. Rinne and Rask both have a $7.0 caphit or do you mean overall salary?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Not sure about that. If he has a big year it won't matter how bad Alzner's agent sucks. He'll be able to use other guys' contracts as a basis most likely. Then again they might stick him on the 3rd pairing / press box half the year to avoid a big boost in production. I could see them doing that to him.

If there are no long-term injuries, I can't see Despres getting much top 4 time anyway.

A comparable's a comparable, whether Alzner's agent sucks or not. I can't see Despres cracking 20 points or seeing near as much special teams time as Alzner.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
CapGeek says the Bruins are about $1.3 mil over the cap after signing Rask. They're going to have to clear some space. Wonder if those trade rumors about Marchand have any truth to them?

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
How does Tangradi demand anything over the league minimum?

With too many faulty brain cells making the call.

As for Boston I can't see them moving Marchand. He does his job too well and they don't have another comparable player. More likely to cut Campbell or Paille loose. Trading Marchand to make up a million in cap space is overkill. He makes 4.5M. Arguably that's overpayment but still... no one comparable.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
How does Tangradi demand anything over the league minimum?

The Jets have 5 players (Bogosian, Little, Postma, Tangradi, Wheeler) headed to arbitration. That is the most of any team. They also just lost Burmistrov to the KHL. Part of it might have to do with Tangradi, but...

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
The Jets have 5 players (Bogosian, Little, Postma, Tangradi, Wheeler) headed to arbitration. That is the most of any team. They also just lost Burmistrov to the KHL. Part of it might have to do with Tangradi, but...

i like the idea of the Jets RFAs working in tandem, organizing their labor, taking it to the man...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad