Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

Emerica

May 29, 2010
I wouldn’t be opposed to Norris being a component of it, but just give the injury history would likely be hoping for a big add.
I just don’t see the fit between teams as trading partners honestly. We are not in a position to add a contract as big as Rantanen’s, not to mention he is due for an even bigger extension in a year’s time.

Plus I don’t really see what Colorado would want that Ottawa would be willing to move.

Reactions: Perratrooper

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I just don’t see the fit between teams as trading partners honestly. We are not in a position to add a contract as big as Rantanen’s, not to mention he is due for an even bigger extension in a year’s time.

Plus I don’t really see what Colorado would want that Ottawa would be willing to move.

Completely fair, thanks for the insight!

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Sorry to circle back, you guys had no interest in a Rantanen Brady swap as a premise of a deal (understandable).

Would there be any interest in Rantanen at all or is he just not a player Sens fans are interested in?

I’d definitely have interest but don’t think we have the pieces as I’d like to build around Tkachuk, Stutzle and Sanderson.

Reactions: Perratrooper

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It's hard to be optimistic with how often we've been bent over in the past... but I'm holding out faith that our lack of success had a lot to do with leverage factors that may no longer exist, like excessively limiting trade clauses, unwillingness to take back contracts, and acting last minute instead of with some wiggle room.
That really has nothing to do with it. Its how bad Chychrun was the last 50 games and how he has basically quit on two organizations. He could have gone into a corner with two eggs in his pants and they would have come out in full tact. Sad amounts of effort and compete. He just doesnt have very much value. Like Debrincat after actually watching a big sample size they just arent valuable players. Massive flaws in both their games.

Reactions: DrEasy and BigRig4

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
I want to come back to my thought that Staios should hire a real goalie coach and not promote someone that has zero coaching acumen and had little success (beyond making a living - good on him) as a professional goalie. I'm sure Peters is personable (I really have no idea), but is he the best goalie coach this team can find? Get Korpi some help.
I'm feeling the same way with you buddy. Some of the goaltenders must be like. Who the hell is this guy. Our goaltender coaches are nobodies. Now if you brought Craig Anderson in as a goaltender coach I can understand he was a decent goalie. Justin Peters and my mind was a flash in that pan.Zack Berck is sounds like a career AHLer to me if I remember correctly. Seeing how we might not be able to fix our goaltending situation due to cap heads, the best thing we can do is spend big money on a proper goaltending coach so we can at least get some saves! It is obvious the two of them mean a lot of help. Cheaping out on a goaltending coaches like putting a Band-Aid on a broken arm.

I feel the same way about our defensive coach that we bring in. I want to see Scott Stevens or freaking Larry Robinson behind the bench. Okay. I know both those guys won't get a Job here but I would really like to see an experienced excellent defensive mind behind that bench. You can't bring back that retread Jack Capuano!!!!!! I do not see how people can give this retread any type of credit for being competent. He was the defensive coach. How did that work out during the DJ years? Jack, Martin is here giving probably the best defensive instruction we've had and since he left an old Jack is probably just sucking back the Timmy's letting him do his thing. The defense has been horrible since he's been here. I mean horrible. Horrible. Horrible, horrible. Horrible horrible horrible. Horrible. How the fact that he did not get to walk the plank when we sent DJ out the door blows my mind. He brings zero credibility to the job. He did garbage work in New York. He's done garbage work here in Ottawa. Kick him to the curb. I would not even let him touch the ahl team. I'm going to send him to ECHL or the LCBO.

I don't mind if you bring in some fresh mines like this Gruden kid but he's probably going to get scooped up and won't be around long. But hey whatever it might be worth it to bring them in. The green thing I'm okay with now. It may have not been the most popular move at first, but whatever it is what it is, I don't think he's going to be as bad as everyone was crying about. He'll be better than the cheerleader. DJ. However, we need to get him some good assistant coaches. This team has got a lot of work ahead of it and the days of cheaping out are over time to bring in some experienced assistant coaches. That does not include retreads and leftovers. If we're bringing in youth it better be the best of the best. And the same goes for assistant older coaches. I want guys who are going to demand, respect and accountability. You get Larry Robinson behind the bench and I'm just using him as a metaphor but you get a guy like that behind the bench and the defense is going to pay attention whole Jackie boy there no one Is listening. They obviously tuned him out about three seasons ago.

Reactions: Blotto71

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
That really has nothing to do with it. Its how bad Chychrun was the last 50 games and how he has basically quit on two organizations. He could have gone into a corner with two eggs in his pants and they would have come out in full tact. Sad amounts of effort and compete. He just doesnt have very much value. Like Debrincat after actually watching a big sample size they just arent valuable players. Massive flaws in both their games.
GMs have memories longer than goldfish, Chychrun has a career worth of sample to judge him on, not just a season with the Sens.

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
I'm feeling the same way with you buddy. Some of the goaltenders must be like. Who the hell is this guy. Our goaltender coaches are nobodies. Now if you brought Craig Anderson in as a goaltender coach I can understand he was a decent goalie. Justin Peters and my mind was a flash in that pan.Zack Berck is sounds like a career AHLer to me if I remember correctly. Seeing how we might not be able to fix our goaltending situation due to cap heads, the best thing we can do is spend big money on a proper goaltending coach so we can at least get some saves! It is obvious the two of them mean a lot of help. Cheaping out on a goaltending coaches like putting a Band-Aid on a broken arm.

I feel the same way about our defensive coach that we bring in. I want to see Scott Stevens or freaking Larry Robinson behind the bench. Okay. I know both those guys won't get a Job here but I would really like to see an experienced excellent defensive mind behind that bench. You can't bring back that retread Jack Capuano!!!!!! I do not see how people can give this retread any type of credit for being competent. He was the defensive coach. How did that work out during the DJ years? Jack, Martin is here giving probably the best defensive instruction we've had and since he left an old Jack is probably just sucking back the Timmy's letting him do his thing. The defense has been horrible since he's been here. I mean horrible. Horrible. Horrible, horrible. Horrible horrible horrible. Horrible. HORRIBLE. How the fact that he did not get to walk the plank when we sent DJ out the door blows my mind. He brings zero credibility to the job. He did garbage work in New York. He's done garbage work here in Ottawa. Kick him to the curb. I would not even let him touch the ahl team. I'm going to send him to ECHL or the LCBO.

I don't mind if you bring in some fresh mines like this Gruden kid but he's probably going to get scooped up and won't be around long. But hey whatever it might be worth it to bring them in. The green thing I'm okay with now. It may have not been the most popular move at first, but whatever it is what it is, I don't think he's going to be as bad as everyone was crying about. He'll be better than the cheerleader. DJ. However, we need to get him some good assistant coaches. This team has got a lot of work ahead of it and the days of cheaping out are over time to bring in some experienced assistant coaches. That does not include retreads and leftovers. If we're bringing in youth it better be the best of the best. And the same goes for assistant older coaches. I want guys who are going to demand, respect and accountability. You get Larry Robinson behind the bench and I'm just using him as a metaphor but you get a guy like that behind the bench and the defense is going to pay attention whole Jackie boy there no one Is listening. They obviously tuned him out about three seasons ago.
:thumbu:

*added a ninth "horrible" (power of 3's, c'mon!)

Reactions: Yak

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Garrioch said we were in on Ullmark which is nice to see he doesn’t believe korpisalo would be sick if only our defence played better!

GMs have memories longer than goldfish, Chychrun has a career worth of sample to judge him on, not just a season with the Sens.
And I bet a lot are question just how good was he reaaaaallly in Arizona ?

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Seravelli said something this year about how teams are noticing Chychrun has been better in Ottawa than he was in Arizona. If true… yikes.

Really don’t get what the plan is at RD. Hamonic potential buyout, JBD’s future is clouded at best, they will listen to offers for Zub and he could be moved… are they just gonna try to acquire 4 RD in one off season lol

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Garrioch said we were in on Ullmark which is nice to see he doesn’t believe korpisalo would be sick if only our defence played better!
What?
Why do people think playing in Arz somehow makes players look better that they are? Such a weird narrative... So he played in Arz but they suck so it made him look better than he actually was, but here in Ottawa he got exposed for what he truly is because we're so awesome so his flaws were more obvious?

• Haha
Reactions: LiseL

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
What?

Why do people think playing in Arz somehow makes players look better that they are? Such a weird narrative... So he played in Arz but they suck so it made him look better than he actually was, but here in Ottawa he got exposed for what he truly is because we're so awesome so his flaws were more obvious?
Better than they actually are no. But I bet it makes people forgive mistake more cuz “the team around him sucks” and exactly zero expectations.

We suck too but we had expectations

Was referring to him saying the goalies were good when the defence was good (not true )

I see his vision as something like

Tkatchuk pinto batherson
Toffoli stutzle giroux
Joesph Greig someone
Someone someone someone.

Sanderson sub
Chabot tanev
Kleven lyibushkin

Reactions: Yak

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
What?

He was a name brand, he was never really that good in Arizona. He had 1 season where he scored a lot of goals, that's about it.

He's a 40ish point guy that's not physical and weak defensively, and many teams won't even have room on their PP1 for him.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Seravelli said something this year about how teams are noticing Chychrun has been better in Ottawa than he was in Arizona. If true… yikes.

Really don’t get what the plan is at RD. Hamonic potential buyout, JBD’s future is clouded at best, they will listen to offers for Zub and he could be moved… are they just gonna try to acquire 4 RD in one off season lol
Not much real news in this Garrioch article. I think most of what he said in the article has been discussed here at HF Sens. I really wonder how much insider info Garrioch really has these days. Staois and company seem pretty tight lipped from what we’ve seen so far.

It did confirm that they tried to move the Korpse at the deadline last year. That wasn’t surprising but at least there was confirmation. That aligns with the other statements made about goaltending. I think Staois might have been trying to reduce expectations on this subject and lessen the blow.

As for Chychrun, I think he’s been known as more of an offensive LD over the years. This was true when he played in Arizona. I used to watch a fair amount of Western Conference games (while living in the DFW area) so that aligns with what I saw.

I think you are right about wondering about our RD situation. Its a glaring need with only one RD (Zub) that’s any good.

I don’t envy Staois. His job will be difficult and he has a lot of work to do.

Reactions: Yak and Emerica

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Sorry to circle back, you guys had no interest in a Rantanen Brady swap as a premise of a deal (understandable).

Would there be any interest in Rantanen at all or is he just not a player Sens fans are interested in?
I don't think Ottawa and Colorado are good trade partners if it involves Rantanen.

Unless a huge trade happens like Boston's 1st, Norris, Kleven, Forsberg, Brannstrom, and Hamonic for Rantanen and Georgiev (I fully acknowledge that this trade is absurd and wouldn't even work in an NHL hockey game lmao)

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019

What?

Yes, I didn’t read that in the Garrioch article and haven’t seen that mentioned by anyone in the organization either. But, you have to connect the dots in weird ways and hammer the same things incessantly in some people’s minds.

Chychrun was always noted as the offensive LD, so it was always a puzzling acquisition in my mind. Hopefully this regime will pay more attention to pairings.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Come on Micklebot. Dont expect this type of rhetoric from you. Also unfortunately yeah he does have a career history. He gave up on another organization and was very injury prone. The value he has, has nothing to do with anything but the player and his body of work.

He was a name brand, he was never really that good in Arizona. He had 1 season where he scored a lot of goals, that's about it.

He's a 40ish point guy that's not physical and weak defensively, and many teams won't even have room on their PP1 for him.
Bingo, just the previous GM did have a memory or hockey evaluation ability of a gold fish. The problem with Chychrun is he doesnt care and doesnt compete. He is playing for himself.

Noesen or Martinook would be great in our bottom 6.

Send them Forsberg for Andersen.
Was this one a joke too?

I don't think Ottawa and Colorado are good trade partners if it involves Rantanen.

Unless a huge trade happens like Boston's 1st, Norris, Kleven, Forsberg, Brannstrom, and Hamonic for Rantanen and Georgiev (I fully acknowledge that this trade is absurd and wouldn't even work in an NHL hockey game lmao)
Another joke? Seems like its rarely a scenario where the sens arent fleecing the other team. I mean I love the idea of course but again not realistic.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Was this one a joke too?
Andersen is a better goalie than Forsberg. Carolina gets some cap savings and we get a goalie who can have a save percentage not in the bottom of the league. Yes Andersen chokes in the playoffs, but let's worry about him choking for us after we've gotten to the playoffs

Reactions: StoneHoffs129

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Andersen is a better goalie than Forsberg. Carolina gets some cap savings and we get a goalie who can have a save percentage not in the bottom of the league. Yes Andersen chokes in the playoffs, but let's worry about him choking for us after we've gotten to the playoffs
Understatement of the century. Andersen has significant value Forsberg has negative. Andersen had a bad period, he has been stellar in the playoffs otherwise look at his numbers this year. He has a career .915 save percentage. Was .932 this season.

Maybe a deal around Andersen and Kotkaniemi for Forsberg where they take back that atrocious contract.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Understatement of the century. Andersen has significant value Forsberg has negative. Andersen had a bad period, he has been stellar in the playoffs otherwise look at his numbers this year. He has a career .915 save percentage. Was .932 this season.

Maybe a deal around Andersen and Kotkaniemi for Forsberg where they take back that atrocious contract.
I'm just hoping the Canes want to 'move on', the way the Leafs were dumb enough to let Andersen go

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
Noesen or Martinook would be great in our bottom 6.

Send them Forsberg for Andersen.
Andersen has a 15 team M-NTC.

I think Andersen has been injured a fair amount as well. He played only 34 games last year and 16 this year.

You mentioned something about an absurd trade in one of your posts. Is that your goal, to the king of absurd trade proposals?

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Andersen has a 15 team M-NTC.

I think Andersen has been injured a fair amount as well. He played only 34 games last year and 16 this year.

You mentioned something about an absurd trade in one of your posts. Is that your goal, to the king of absurd trade proposals?
My guy, it's a Friday early afternoon before a long weekend, lighten up. Our team is out of the playoffs, it's a discussion board where some people might just wanna shoot the shit because it's fun. I haven't insulted you in any way, you don't need to be adding in the bolded unless you're intentionally trying to be a dick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad