GDT: FREE AGENCY 2015 | Day #2 - What will today bring?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Glad Vermette signed today (even though they won't likely want Bozak now) .. Bozak demand should increase with what we're seeing these 3rd line centres go for

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
Lucic got turned into 2 first rounders.

Guess you ccould say Kapanen is 1 first rounder, we're not guarateed the second 1st rounder though.

Lol good job shanny and co.

Barring a major shock, the 1st is pretty much guaranteed. And if Pittsburgh misses the playoffs with Kessel, we win the trade regardless because that means the Kessel experiment failed miserably and they are on the hooks with his contract for 7 years.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Glad Vermette signed today (even though they won't likely want Bozak now) .. Bozak demand should increase with what we're seeing these 3rd line centres go for

New Jersey? Slotting in behind Henrique and Zajac?

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
I can almost guarantee Bozak will be gone soon. Check out the roster. Simply no room or future for him. Sign Santorelli if we can find a taker for Lupul (doubt it).

JVR-Kadri-Parenteau
Lupul -Holland-Arcobello
Komarov-Spaling-Panik
Winnik-Carrick-Frattin/Bailey

Phaneuf-Robidas
Rielly -Polak
Hunwick-Gardiner
Granberg

That is a "scary good" lineup

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Betting against Pittsburgh to make the playoffs this year? I'll take you up on it if you are, even give you some nice odds.
No, im not. It was more just about the fact that we retained 1.2, gave up a 2nd rounder and could only pull a lottery protected first.

And at the end of the day, the first rounder isnt guaranteed.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
No, im not. It was more just about the fact that we retained 1.2, gave up a 2nd rounder and could only pull a lottery protected first.

And at the end of the day, the first rounder isnt guaranteed.

So you believe the condition really won't apply, you're just mad it's there!!

I wonder what would happen if the Leafs knocked Pitsburgh out of the playoff race.

I'm guessing Leaf land would collectively poop their pants while having strokes due to sheer confusion.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Barring a major shock, the 1st is pretty much guaranteed. And if Pittsburgh misses the playoffs with Kessel, we win the trade regardless because that means the Kessel experiment failed miserably and they are on the hooks with his contract for 7 years.

Things can go wrong. Crosby, malkin and fleury could get injured an
d The Pens could finish near the bottom of the league. Rutherford did a good job making sure that we couldnt get very lucky.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Things can go wrong. Crosby, malkin and fleury could get injured an
d The Pens could finish near the bottom of the league. Rutherford did a good job making sure that we couldnt get very lucky.

Even if they have some serious injuries, Kessel has been healthy how many seasons now? He can prop up the offense almost all on his own short term if need be.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
I very much enjoy that while the Leafs roster is hurting, that Marlies roster is absolutely loaded. It's only a matter of time before the next wave is ready for the NHL.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I very much enjoy that while the Leafs roster is hurting, that Marlies roster is absolutely loaded. It's only a matter of time before the next wave is ready for the NHL.

The Marlies roster is much more important to us right now than the Leafs.
If these guys can bond,learn,have success and maybe even win a championship together, it only serves our purpose. Then keep the pipeline flowing as they graduate to the Leafs and bring those lessons and hard work with them.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
The Marlies roster is much more important to us right now than the Leafs.
If these guys can bond,learn,have success and maybe even win a championship together, it only serves our purpose. Then keep the pipeline flowing as they graduate to the Leafs and bring those lessons and hard work with them.

Assuming Bernier and Kadri get multi year deals, as is, we will only have 10 players (sans Horton) under contract for the 2016 offseason. Even after a key RFA (Rielly), we may still be below the floor because of the young guys that'll likely come up with ELC's. So we may have to overpay a few one year deals in 2016 offseason to reach the floor if there are as many young guys coming as I think there will be.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Assuming Bernier and Kadri get multi year deals, as is, we will only have 10 players (sans Horton) under contract for the 2016 offseason. Even after a key RFA (Rielly), we may still be below the floor because of the young guys that'll likely come up with ELC's. So we may have to overpay a few one year deals in 2016 offseason to reach the floor if there are as many young guys coming as I think there will be.

There are always teams looking to get out of bad contracts to get us to the floor. For a price.
Or a cap team has to trade a Hamilton/Saad and we are ready to help them out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad