Frederik (is it November yet) Andersen

Luminiferous

Oct 11, 2018
So glad Andersen is a Leaf. Bad goals are a given for any goalie. As Moon said, this guy deals with a massive burden that is the Leafs D corps.

Reactions: zaqq

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Yeah Freddy had a decent October and is playing well. Last guy on the team to worry about. He's going to have to stand on his head to get us some points though if we keep playing this way.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
a good October freddy couples with the rest of his month to month stats so far for his career and he should be in with a shout at the Vezna. Probably wont win it but be right up there in the convo

Reactions: DarkKnight

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
I wouldn't have been concerned either. Dividing the season up into calendar months is an arbitrary thing. If anything, I'm a little bit worried that he wasn't very good in the playoffs and even more worried that this may have been a result of being overworked as it look like the same thing is happening this season. Hopefully last year was an aberration and he'll be awesome next spring even if Babcock starts him 70 times. I really wish he'd get more rest though.

Babcock's one obvious mistake last season was not resting anybody down the stretch even though we had 3rd place pretty much locked up with a month to go. He wouldn't even rest freaking granpa Marleau like seriously Babs, WTF? But I digress ...
It was weird. We couldn't catch anyone and the teams behind couldn't catch us. Should have given rotational rest to every player.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
October Andersen is a myth.

Remember when we were bad at shootouts? Remember when we couldn't protect 3rd period leads? These theories based on small sample sizes usually don't last long enough for the ink to dry.

Hoping he makes the step up to the elite goalie level, this spring.

:thumbu::thumbu:

It was weird. We couldn't catch anyone and the teams behind couldn't catch us. Should have given rotational rest to every player.

That's certainly what I was thinking at the time. Especially Hainsey, just wow!

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Andersen came to the Leafs very flawed, it was embarrassing lol, the Leafs have really developed him into a good goalie.

Reactions: The Cobra

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
OMG, we suck at home, what could the reason be? :hyper:

(1) The ice is bumpy. (dual use facility).

(2) Lack of team unity as home grown players hang out with their families.

(3) Other team's players like to perform in front of their toronto family members.

i could go on......
:sarcasm:

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
2 best goalies in the NHL.......

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    15.9 KB · Views: 19

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Huge performance so far this season.

He needs some rest however, so he doesnt burn out before playoffs

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
a good October freddy couples with the rest of his month to month stats so far for his career and he should be in with a shout at the Vezna. Probably wont win it but be right up there in the convo
He was in the voting last year with his bad October so I'm thinking contender if he keeps this up

Reactions: The Rat King

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
I’m a Reimer fan and I came here to say how phenomenal Freddie has been playing. If he continues this quality of play I have full confidence in him in the net for the next decade. Heres hoping that he can bring us further into the playoffs this year!

GLG!

Reactions: HomerJLeafs

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
IMHO it was November for him since game 1. Excluding maybe 2-3games hes been pretty awesome.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Huge performance so far this season.

He needs some rest however, so he doesnt burn out before playoffs

Yeah I wonder about this too. You never know with goalies, some never want to rest but it is a long season and the playoffs are a long grind so yeah, I'd be happier if he got more rest this season than last.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
If I was the coach I would give Andersen a game off here and there. Not a handful before the playoffs begin. It will take him out of the rhytm, always have and probably also will. The year he started out strong in Anaheim he kind of hit a slump mid november that lasted a month. Will be interesting to see what happens this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad