Prospect Info: Frederik Dichow Nissen (Signs 2 Year Deal w/Frolunda, 2022-2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Frederik Dichow will be dressed for 2 SHL games this week, when he is on a loan to SHL team Rögle. He will replace their normal back-up goalie Calle Clang who will be participating in the WJC for team Sweden. See here (swedish) and here. He will most likely not play a minute, but it is going to be a great experience for him (and well deserved)

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He ended up seeing the ice for 5 minutes in one of the games . Still, being around the SHL is good experience.

Most likely a good sign that he will be able to find the net in the SHL next year. I'd do a year at the SHL level, see how he responds and if he posts good numbers/looks good against the competition - bring him into the AHL the following year.

Reactions: Wats

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Most likely a good sign that he will be able to find the net in the SHL next year. I'd do a year at the SHL level, see how he responds and if he posts good numbers/looks good against the competition - bring him into the AHL the following year.
I'm pretty hopeful he'll get a shot somewhere in the SHL next season. Rogle would have been pretty nice but they already have a young NHL drafted goalie on their roster and they probably don't have a spot for another one.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Frolunda is a great place for him, would like to see him in Laval.

He signed to come to Sudbury although it didn't materialize due to OHL shutting down last year. So the kid could very well have the intention of coming over here as he's already shown his intention to play on North American ice and style.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Frolunda is a great place for him, would like to see him in Laval.
He should come over as he could very well be the starter in Laval. I highly doubt McNiven returns, Primeau could graduate (at least as a backup to start) depending on how he finishes the season (and depending on what happens with Price and or Allen). This leaves no one in Laval. I'm not sure the other prospects would graduate next year.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He should come over as he could very well be the starter in Laval. I highly doubt McNiven returns, Primeau could graduate (at least as a backup to start) depending on how he finishes the season (and depending on what happens with Price and or Allen). This leaves no one in Laval. I'm not sure the other prospects would graduate next year.

Dobes maybe, but that's it. They might sign a veteran too, like you said depending on Primeau/Price/Allen.

I'm fine with a year in the SHL too and see how he does, it's a level up but I want him to be getting a lot of starts, not being the back-up.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Hopefully Habs can leave him in Europe until he does well in SHL/needs a contract. They already have Primeau and unless they already gave up on him would be better to give Dobes/Dichow max time before bringing them to AHL/NHL IMO.

Reactions: Sagikev

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Cloutier says that he can confirm nothing is signed. And that the decision with the Habs will be made in the off-season. However, he bets that he will be at Frolunda next year.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Yeah, I wouldn't take him out just yet.. but it's possible because he stayed an extra year in the USHL and he's crushing it this year.
I think there's going to be a bit of a vacuum with regards to goalie prospects. If Dichow signs in Europe and Dobes stays in school. Vrbetic could possibly graduate if he's good enough I guess. Im not sure they'll have a goalie prospect in Laval next year.
as for Montreal, honestly, I'd keep Montembeault around for next year at least assuming one or both of Allen and Price are gone. Obviously he can't go to laval without clearing waivers, but maybe it's him and Primeau next year in Montreal. Keep in mind, I'm still for tanking next season. I guess anything can happen with deals and free agents though.

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
I think there's going to be a bit of a vacuum with regards to goalie prospects. If Dichow signs in Europe and Dobes stays in school. Vrbetic could possibly graduate if he's good enough I guess. Im not sure they'll have a goalie prospect in Laval next year.
as for Montreal, honestly, I'd keep Montembeault around for next year at least assuming one or both of Allen and Price are gone. Obviously he can't go to laval without clearing waivers, but maybe it's him and Primeau next year in Montreal. Keep in mind, I'm still for tanking next season. I guess anything can happen with deals and free agents though.
Highly doubt we start the year with Primeau and Montembeault, but worst things happened lol. I wouldn't be against it, especially if we can get a good return for Carey and Jake, but I also wouldn't feel too confident to run Prime and Monty as a player

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Highly doubt we start the year with Primeau and Montembeault, but worst things happened lol. I wouldn't be against it, especially if we can get a good return for Carey and Jake, but I also wouldn't feel too confident to run Prime and Monty as a player
No problem to have Primeau and Montembeault as goalies if the reward is Bedard/Michkov.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
True. I know it probably won't happen. Im just thinking in tank terms. I'm all for it next year. Chances are, they sign a vet, which could still end up being a tank anyway.
I'm not sold on Primeau still, I think he has more to prove in Laval.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Frolunda would be a good place for him indeed, top team, one of the best coaches in the SHL, they will be at Champions League again. Both their current goalies aren't under contract past this season, they have the 18 year old Andren but he likely needs more time in the J20 I assume (haven't seen him). So Dichow plus a vet could be a good combo.

The Habs hold his rights till June of '23 so they could then sign him and bring him over or even sign him and loan him back to Frolunda if he needed another year although he would count against the 50.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
No problem to have Primeau and Montembeault as goalies if the reward is Bedard/Michkov.

Bedard or Michkov will change the franchise.

Imagine build around Bedard//Michkov, Suzuki, Caufield, Romanov, Guhle and the 2022 top pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad