Prospect Info: Frederik Dichow Nissen (Signs 2 Year Deal w/Frolunda, 2022-2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Dichow's team - Kristianstads IK won today 4 - 0. As the Livesport site didn't have lineups available, I couldn't tell whether or not he got the S/O

Found this on Allsvenkan's official website that had reports on all pre-season games today.

It is indeed Dichow who played his first game of the preseason and got a shutout.

Försäsong: Västervik, Vita Hästen & Kristianstad vann

Tingsryd - Kristianstad 0-4
Kristianstad beat the series competitor Tingsryd 4-0 away.

Skåningarna got a dream start to the match when Deven Sideroff sent in 1-0 after just over a minute, and in the middle of the first period, Erik Flood increased to 2-0. Dennis Svensson and Trevor Cheek then diluted the lead in the second and third periods.

Frederik Dichow made his debut in the KIK cage and got off to a perfect start with a clean sheet.

Goal scorers Tingsryd: -
Goal scorers Kristianstad: Deven Sideroff, Erik Flood, Dennis Svensson, Trevor Cheek

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I wish I could see more of him.. such a shame we didn't see him in the OHL.

They liked him enough to take him out of utter obscurity.
Goalies are on such a completely different development curve that I feel it's okay to take a chance on a guy purely based on frame and athleticism like they did with Dichow. It's the one position where you can sorta teach a guy how to play the position almost from scratch if the tools are there and he's not a complete idiot.

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
Goalies are on such a completely different development curve that I feel it's okay to take a chance on a guy purely based on frame and athleticism like they did with Dichow. It's the one position where you can sorta teach a guy how to play the position almost from scratch if the tools are there and he's not a complete idiot.
One of the keys for young goalies is that they find the right situation in order to get the starts and ice time needed to develop their game

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
He's playing in a Danish league now, I think, so he should absolutely dominate to have any chance at the NHL longer term?

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
Prospects in action today:

- KalPa @ 11:30AM ET.
Kapanen was out injured by KalPa had said he should be back end of September. So curious if he will be in the line-up today.

- SKA-1946 @ noon ET.
Gordin has missed 3 straight games. Although not confirmed, it must be an injury.

- Kristianstads @ 1PM ET.
Dichow got the start in their 1st game of the season last Friday. We'll see if he starts again today.
Kristianstads lost 6-3 to Bjorkloven; Lindbom (Kristianstads' other goalie) took the loss :D

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Kristianstads lost 6-3 to Bjorkloven; Lindbom (Kristianstads' other goalie) took the loss :D

giphy.gif

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
He seems to be having a really strong year in Allsvenskan.

Is he ready for AHL next season (2022-2023)?

Montreal has until June 1st, 2023 to sign him, I believe.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

If they don't retain McNiven, they will need another AHL backup. Even if they do, maybe Allen gets traded by next season so Primeau gets up which would still put a need for another AHL goalie.

Both him and Vrbetic are due at the same time, so it might be wise to get him a year early even if it means some ECHL time.

Reactions: bopeep

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

I think I'd like to see him get a year in the SHL if possible. If no one is committed to platooning or starting him there then we can do the Halak path for him and start him in the ECHL.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I think I'd like to see him get a year in the SHL if possible. If no one is committed to platooning or starting him there then we can do the Halak path for him and start him in the ECHL.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind getting some goalie depth in organization again.

Primeau will be in his final year of waiver ineligibility next season & can be considered the #1 vet then have Vrbetic & Dichow as #2 & #3 in AHL/ECHL.

If Primeau graduates following year, the 2 kids take over.

Not sure what Dobes timeline is. If he plays all 4 years of NCAA then that's the summer Vrbetic/Dichow get a Q.O, so we can open a spot that way.

Or, trade one of them if we want to bring him in earlier.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yeah, I wouldn't mind getting some goalie depth in organization again.

Primeau will be in his final year of waiver ineligibility next season & can be considered the #1 vet then have Vrbetic & Dichow as #2 & #3 in AHL/ECHL.

If Primeau graduates following year, the 2 kids take over.

Not sure what Dobes timeline is. If he plays all 4 years of NCAA then that's the summer Vrbetic/Dichow get a Q.O, so we can open a spot that way.

Or, trade one of them if we want to bring him in earlier.

Depends on how year 2 goes for Dobes, if he has another elite season in the NCAA - he could graduate.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Depends on how year 2 goes for Dobes, if he has another elite season in the NCAA - he could graduate.

Well, I remember a time when we had Theodore, Vokoun (both 1994 draft) and Garon (1996) in system. All 3 became NHL starters, albeit of various quality.

Wouldn't mind going back to those days with our goaltending.

Reactions: bopeep

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Well, I remember a time when we had Theodore, Vokoun (both 1994 draft) and Garon (1996) in system. All 3 became NHL starters, albeit of various quality.

Wouldn't mind going back to those days with our goaltending.

Back in the days when the habs were so deep that they could lose good D and starting goalies for nothing because they didn't have space to play them. Garon was adequate, but Vokoun had some really good years. Don't need to say anything about Theodore.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Could he play for the Rocket next year

he could, he's not under contract for next season anywhere at this time. The Habs have 1 more year before they have to sign him by the end of next season, so depends on what Gorton wants and what Dichow wants to do. If he keeps this up they may want to bring him over since McNiven will be gone and Primeau could be back and forth in the NHL/AHL more then he has this year depending of course on what the plan is for the team from Gorton and the new GM and what that means for Price and Allen.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Montreal having discussions with Dichow about whether AHL or SHL next year is best for his development.

Think we have a legit prospect here, folks.

With the old regime almost gone we might be able to f***ing develop some players.

Congrats, this player played 150 NHL games but was mostly useless in all of them.

ThAt'S a WiN

Also, didn't know he had a 2nd last name.

Unless McNiven wants to be a 3rd string goalie for the AHL I gotta imagine they leave Dichow in the SHL unless he proves to be ligts out.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
With the old regime almost gone we might be able to f***ing develop some players.

Congrats, this player played 150 NHL games but was mostly useless in all of them.

ThAt'S a WiN

Also, didn't know he had a 2nd last name.

Unless McNiven wants to be a 3rd string goalie for the AHL I gotta imagine they leave Dichow in the SHL unless he proves to be ligts out.

McNiven is done here. So I think they likely get an AHL vet.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Montreal having discussions with Dichow about whether AHL or SHL next year is best for his development.

Think we have a legit prospect here, folks.

where did you see that? It makes a lot of sense as that's what they should be doing, just that there's been so little info since Gorton has taken over.

Reactions: Gyfu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad