Recalled/Assigned: Frederic Allard called up (03-05-2023)

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Damn Guhle is really Mr. Glass.

He played a lot of hockey last year, I remember it was a concern last summer (him potentially playing for team Canada jr instead of resting in the summer e.g. load management).

I hope that HuGo will look into the strenght & conditionning team to make sure they know what they're doing and that the players are working on the right things. At the beginning of the season it was mentionned that Slaf had gained weight working on upper body supposedly to prepare for NHL. A bunch of them need help with being solid on their skates and receiving hits.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
He looked either gassed or backchecking halfassed on the Reilly goal. Reilly was his man and he wasn’t moving that fast, and Allard made a half-assed swipe at Reilly’s stick missing it by several feet. The kinda play you don’t want in your first game.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Habs have drafted a bunch of Benoit Brunet clones.

Look at all the injury prone veterans too coming out of the Stanley Cup final.... And not just price and weber.

It's really remarkable.

Edmundson has not played much since and has been fighting chronic back pain since.

Gallagher has been a shell since that season and is also missing a ton of time.

Corey Perry would have somehow been done by now if he was still here.

Reactions: Tyson

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
He played a lot of hockey last year, I remember it was a concern last summer (him potentially playing for team Canada jr instead of resting in the summer e.g. load management).

I hope that HuGo will look into the strenght & conditionning team to make sure they know what they're doing and that the players are working on the right things. At the beginning of the season it was mentionned that Slaf had gained weight working on upper body supposedly to prepare for NHL. A bunch of them need help with being solid on their skates and receiving hits.

It worries me a lot. I don't know if they changed their medical staff and conditioning staff since HuGo took over. But if they did not, they should.

Reactions: jrom

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
It worries me a lot. I don't know if they changed their medical staff and conditioning staff since HuGo took over. But if they did not, they should.
You gotta think it has to be addressed at some sort of level this offseason. A logical guy would think. Lets hope

Reactions: jrom

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

Like someone said earlier, quite a few players from the cup run have been out extensively since then.

Idk if they chsnged anything in the strength and conditioning or medical staff, but they clesrly should look into it before next season...

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Ok, so what happens with Allard? Habs need bodies but he only played because of logistics. You can't have him bypass guys like Schueneman or Beaudin. He needs to get back in line and earn his chance.

Reactions: SupRocket

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
Ok, so what happens with Allard? Habs need bodies but he only played because of logistics. You can't have him bypass guys like Schueneman or Beaudin. He needs to get back in line and earn his chance.
Agreed, I think he was the guy to get the chance at this moment because Laval is going on a run for the playoffs, and its better for them to keep their D core that knows the system in tact rather than losing a top D and adding a D who doesnt know the system quite yet. What a wreck these injuries have been

Reactions: Tyson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad