Injury Report: Freddy

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
He took a pretty good kick to the head there, hopefully not concussed. With him leaving the ice and not coming back, seems more likely that he IS concussed, though :/

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
What are you even talking about? Is that a shot at me or a poor attempt at humour?

Don't assume you know anything obvious. Tons of peeps on here had the Mattews injury all figured out until the truth came out. Should be obvious what I meant.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Don't assume you know anything obvious. Tons of peeps on here had the Mattews injury all figured out until the truth came out. Should be obvious what I meant.
Umm I don’t know who you’re talking to on here, but you are acting like a clown. Matthews was lacking power, it was clearly a lower body and guess what... it was.

Then today andy gets a skate to the CHIN, stands up with perfect balance and capacity and proceeds to palpate and work his CHIN and then you show up on here guns ablaze saying “No that cant POSSIBLY make sense”

I mean dude......

MorrisSmit89

Mar 20, 2014
Even if he's fine, I hope they give him a few games off to cut down on his usage and nurse some of those nagging minor injuries all guys have.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Hope he's okay, but would prefer to be cautious, okay with giving Pickard and Sparks a game each. Maybe if they have good games they can improve their trade value for the end of the month. Both of them are killing it in the AHL this year.

Reactions: Menzinger

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Umm I don’t know who you’re talking to on here, but you are acting like a clown. Matthews was lacking power, it was clearly a lower body and guess what... it was.

Then today andy gets a skate to the CHIN, stands up with perfect balance and capacity and proceeds to palpate and work his CHIN and then you show up on here guns ablaze saying “No that cant POSSIBLY make sense”

I mean dude......
Mathews was concussed said it himself and I took a lot of heat on here for stating he was concussed. Freddy head was twisted as well as the skate to the head. He left the game under the concussion protocol and just an FYI your jaw is a major point in concussions symptoms.

Reactions: Bullseye and Slot

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Hope he's okay, but would prefer to be cautious, okay with giving Pickard and Sparks a game each. Maybe if they have good games they can improve their trade value for the end of the month. Both of them are killing it in the AHL this year.
Though if he's ok then I'm not sure they have the room to call up either guy to play a few games. They are roster juggling as it is. Could easily be wrong though.

It'd be nice to give him a bit of a break, but I think the only way to do that if he isn't hurt enough to be on the IR is letting McBackup play some games.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Though if he's ok then I'm not sure they have the room to call up either guy to play a few games. They are roster juggling as it is. Could easily be wrong though.

It'd be nice to give him a bit of a break, but I think the only way to do that if he isn't hurt enough to be on the IR is letting McBackup play some games.

Yeah we're right against the roster limit, we actually have to make a move once Soshnikov comes off his conditioning stint and joins the active roster. Can't send Kapanen down to the AHL, he's here the rest of the year IMO. Babcock loves Polak for some stupid reason.

Leivo or Soshnikov trade or waiving seems in order.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Yeah we're right against the roster limit, we actually have to make a move once Soshnikov comes off his conditioning stint and joins the active roster. Can't send Kapanen down to the AHL, he's here the rest of the year IMO. Babcock loves Polak for some stupid reason.

Leivo or Soshnikov trade or waiving seems in order.

Ideally, they’ll trade someone to make room. However if they can’t, they will likely will send Kapanen or Dermot back to the Marlins until a deal can be made.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Mathews was concussed said it himself and I took a lot of heat on here for stating he was concussed. Freddy head was twisted as well as the skate to the head. He left the game under the concussion protocol and just an FYI your jaw is a major point in concussions symptoms.
:facepalm: The concussion had nothing to do with the FIRST INJURY which your boy up there was referring too. He had a back injury before the concussion even happened. My god even the people who are doing the spinning don't have the correct details of the story :facepalm: Brutal post.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Perry has a bit of a rep as a dirt bag. Isn't it strange how these are the guys who always seem to be involved when a "freak" accident like a flying skate boot to the head happens?

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
:facepalm: The concussion had nothing to do with the FIRST INJURY which your boy up there was referring too. He had a back injury before the concussion even happened. My god even the people who are doing the spinning don't have the correct details of the story :facepalm: Brutal post.
Brutal post is yours as no where was his first injury mention but the fact that everyone said he hurt his hand etc when he suffered a concussion was the injured referred to.

At least read and understand what is being discussed before posting. You failed to address your claim that Andersen did not suffer a head injury as seen by his jaw when he was hit on the side of his head. Movement of your jaw on a hit to the head is a major cause of concussions and the reason why players wear mouth guards.

Last edited:
Reactions: Once

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
IF Freddie can play tomorrow he has to play, this is a critical home stand for a team that is battling for home ice.

I would be fine with giving him Ottawa off, because it's Ottawa and they are awful and seem to have quit, but if he can go he needs to go against Nashville and Tampa

Cotton

May 13, 2013

I mean dude......

GD this response is dramatic, lol.

I agree it looked like he took one in the jaw, but that can still cause a concussion.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
hopefully its nothing too serious. That being said, maybe resting him for a week or two isn't the worst thing, as he's going to play a lot for us down the stretch

Lets see what Sparks/Pickard can do in the big leagues

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
hopefully its nothing too serious. That being said, maybe resting him for a week or two isn't the worst thing, as he's going to play a lot for us down the stretch

Lets see what Sparks/Pickard can do in the big leagues

+This team is battling for home ice, and this is a critical home stand, if Freddie can go we need him, particularly against Nashville and Tampa, maybe you can get away with giving him Ottawa and Columbus off but if he can go, he needs to go VS Nashville and Tampa.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
Didn't look too bad on the slo mo but then again, the leg's coming up like that and the skate weighs quite a bit; it doesn't take much speed to create enough force to do damage in this situation.

Hope it was just a good jolt and that's all.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
i'm sure he'll be fine, didn't look too bad.

Was at the game last night sitting in the 300's 14 rows up. When that skate made contact with his head you could hear it from up there. It definitely didn't look as serious on replays I saw later, but it definitely was a heavy blow to the head.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him out for 2-3 games.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I don't understand why they can't make a goalie helmet with more protection against concussions. They seem to barely get clipped and their bell gets rung.
You know who never had concussions and spent most of his career sprawling on the ice?
This guy
dominikhasek.jpg

Maybe we need to bring back those buckets.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Dr Blue (not a Dr) in session ... in my professional opinion he did not get a severe concussion but as our Dr's like to say, he got his bell rung.

Maybe I'm old school and maybe this is an old wives tale but I've always been told the way you knock someone out is to make their jaw move out of socket. Freddy was moving his jaw around like he got a good jolt, makes me think it was a mild concussion. Where he skated off the ice with no wobble in his legs leads me further to believe its not serious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad