Injury Report: Freddy

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
In one aspect you knew Mac was going to pickup a few more games than just B2B down the stretch to rest Anderson....May as well give him a game or two if he was hurt.

On the other end of it though.. we just had Xmax, new years, by week, and all star game. He should be well rested so the timing is not that beneficial at all :(

We've played more games than the rest of the league and have some 4 day and 3 day breaks coming up too. I'm not really worried about overworking Freddy.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Goalie masks are designed to deflect pucks and reduce impact from shots. Knowing what we know about concussions and CTE now, the player helmet and cage would probably protect more in these “freak” accidents as they are designed to absorb body checks and impact of that nature, but shots to the mask would not be deflected and the wearer would absorb the full impact.

So when you make the trade off do you protect from the frequent threat or the uncommon one?
latest

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Brutal post is yours as no where was his first injury mention but the fact that everyone said he hurt his hand etc when he suffered a concussion was the injured referred to.

At least read and understand what is being discussed before posting. You failed to address your claim that Andersen did not suffer a head injury as seen by his jaw when he was hit on the side of his head. Movement of your jaw on a hit to the head is a major cause of concussions and the reason why players wear mouth guards.
Lmao all this shit from you and you’ve been wrong from the start. He was fine after the play, babs said he was fine after the game, now hes taking practice, and likely to start tomorrow. Id say you and your friend here got dealt with pretty hard.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Lmao all this **** from you and you’ve been wrong from the start. He was fine after the play, babs said he was fine after the game, now hes taking practice. Id say you got dealt with pretty hard.

Well to be fair, Babs says that about every player who gets injured. "He's fine, he's talking, we'll see tomorrow."

as seen by his jaw when he was hit on the side of his head. Movement of your jaw on a hit to the head is a major cause of concussions and the reason why players wear mouth guards.

Exactly, he was hit in the jaw which is why he remained down. Auston was hit by Rielly in his jaw this year and suffered concussion symptoms. If you look carefully his mask was also lifted from the side upon impact. Andersen did not try to "sell" the call. He was actually harmed on contact, that is no joke. He grabbed his head and the spotter took him out obviously. Andersen is a team guy and is all class, he would never purposely take himself out of a game when he knows he gives his team the best chance to win every game - and to boot, it's against his ex team. McElhinney was a star in relief. He's had a great year as a backup :)

Reactions: diceman934

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
I truly question the motives of some of you on this website. Some of you would rather see our players get hurt so you can get the gratification from saying “i told you so”. You blatantly ignore objective reality in favour of pumping your egos, pretty pathetic. Hopefully you learned a good lesson today in that being objective trumps playing ego every time.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Big neck? Head? We dodged a bullet snd Freddy more so. Imagine that slices his neck...he could have been killed last night. Thank the lord he is alive and secondary that it looks like he wont miss a game we need him. Big bumps to C.M he has played really well in the backup role.

leafs10101

Jan 8, 2018
Big neck? Head? We dodged a bullet snd Freddy more so. Imagine that slices his neck...he could have been killed last night. Thank the lord he is alive and secondary that it looks like he wont miss a game we need him. Big bumps to C.M he has played really well in the backup role.

I don't get why people don't wear neck guards.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I don't get why people don't wear neck guards.
Or the plastic piece that Roy used to wear. I played net, it doesn't hinder you or block your vision. There's too many times where a goalie is scrambling and laying on the ice for there not to be an incident at some point.

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
I remember all the nonsense Reimer dealt with regarding being injury prone and here it turns out Andersen is even worse injury wise than he is.

I think all of Andersen's injuries have been head related. That's a cause of concern. He's so concussion prone.

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
Mar 29, 2017Missed 1 game (upper body injury).
Apr 09, 2016Missed 4 games (concussion).
Jan 19, 2016Missed 1 game (upper body injury).
Dec 06, 2015Missed 6 games (flu).
Feb 27, 2015Missed 8 games (upper body injury).
Nov 05, 2014Missed 1 game (leg injury).
May 16, 2014Missed the last 4 playoff games (lower body injury).
Apr 12, 2014Missed 3 games (upper body injury).
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
28 games missed in 5 seasons, super injury prone. Better trade him ASAP for whatever we can get :shakehead:shakehead

Reactions: HomerJLeafs

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
Damn. 8 injuries already? Most goalies don't have that many in an entire career.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Not really. This whole season was like hunting season on Fred. Not happy about it.

Freddie does flop a lot. And he needs to stop, all it does is it gets him pulled by the concussion spotter. He got loved tapped in anaheim, held his head and bam game is over for him. I bet he does not make that mistake going forward

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad