Post-Game Talk: Freddie shuts the door on Panthers. Leafs win 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011

looks like possession was about dead even tonight. Just didn't block enough FLA shots I guess, except for that beast Matthews block at the end.

Reactions: htpwn

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Great block by Matthews at the end, hoping it just stung him at the end. Good sign that he was putting weight on it at the end.

Andersen is running on all cylinders right now.

Thought the game was more in Toronto's favor but in the third the Panthers really turned it up on the shots.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015

looks like possession was about dead even tonight. Just didn't block enough FLA shots I guess, except for that beast Matthews block at the end.

Don't really get how Matthews Nylander and Hyman could have such different 5 on 5 Corsi considering they spend almost 100% of their even strength shifts together

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Here's hoping Matthews is okay. I have no problem having him out there defending a lead and with that requires a responsibility/risk of blocking shots but it really feels as if it should not have gotten to that point. Not only because they had won the draw and then subsequently failed to clear the puck but because the Leafs had two or three wide open cages that they fanned on, including Komarov's embarrassing effort. Fortunately Andersen stood tall again and racked up another shut-out for his efforts.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Take the points. Good game by Andersen. Did create some good chances. Would have liked to score some more, but hey we didn't let in any.

Looking forward to what gimme Komarov will miss next game :laugh:..

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Can someone please explain defensive lineups at the end of close games. What do they really do? Florida was all over us in the last minute. If Andersen wasn't sharp, it would be a tie game. 1-0 lead has nothing to do with icing Komarov in the last minute 'protecting' the lead.

Babcock knows that with Komarov on ice the puck is not going to go in the net ;)

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
fred_flintstone_yabba_dabba_doo_card-r1c74bda6a2da47ecbb77cc05fca5c0e0_xvuat_8byvr_400.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad