Waived: Freddie Hamilton on waivers pt.2: CLAIMED BY ARIZONA

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
What??

I would have bet a lot of money that he would clear.

Surprised a team like Arizona going nowhere would have needed him.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Ugh. They should've waived Lazar instead. Not that Hamilton is an amazing player, but he's a great 13th forward and he can actually play NHL level hockey. Lazar is just sad/frustrating to watch; he goes balls-to-the-wall every shift, but he doesn't have the skill to perform at the NHL as far as I've seen.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
He's a free agent at the end of the season so we could probably get him back I guess

Hrivik is almost certainly coming up now

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Ugh. They should've waived Lazar instead. Not that Hamilton is an amazing player, but he's a great 13th forward and he can actually play NHL level hockey. Lazar is just sad/frustrating to watch; he goes balls-to-the-wall every shift, but he doesn't have the skill to perform at the NHL as far as I've seen.

Look on the bright side. Flames just cleared a forward spot. Hrivik perhaps?

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Its a precursor move...next up...Dougie Hamilton to the Coyotes for Chychrun, Merkley and a 1st....:naughty:

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg

I thought waiving Lazar might be a good chance to send him down. Glad they didn't think so. Lazar at least has potential to be more than a spare body.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

Bad use of assets if they lose Lazar for free. Tre will look to salvage that 2nd rounder and not give up on him.
Best of luck Freddie, you were gifted a spot on the team this year out of camp, and got to collect an NHL paycheck, Arizona likely has some ice for you to play more regularly; thanks for your service to this team!

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Actually, would the Flames recall Hrivik and severely damage the Heat like that? To lose Janks, Hathaway, Mangiapane, and then Hrivik? I'm wondering if Glass gets recalled.

Edit: Hrivik recalled.

Last edited:

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
He's also a grown ass man and supposedly a professional.

ce2.png

Reactions: Mitts

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
That's not really fair though. Players get upset all the time when close friends or important locker room guys get traded (see Turris). He's still digesting it but eventually he'll get over it

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I am not sure that he would have anything of value to say so can't see how he isn't a professional by saying he isn't talking about it.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
In hindsight, I should have used the term "whiny baby" rather than "upset" to more accurately convey my thoughts.

Even a coached / cliched response would be better than refusing comment. IMO, that's the part that was unprofessional.

How is it unprofessional?

He did comment and his comment was "no comment." Which is about as much as any other guy on the team has said.

If he ignored the reporters or got angry with him that would be unprofessional. There is no reason for him to comment on the move so he addressed it right away so there was no further distraction or issue with it.

Hamilton handled the situation just fine and it is laughable that people are trying to spin it any other way.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
This is definitely the best thing for Freddie. Don’t think he has NHL skills though. He’s a bubble guy.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Bad use of assets if they lose Lazar for free. Tre will look to salvage that 2nd rounder and not give up on him.
Best of luck Freddie, you were gifted a spot on the team this year out of camp, and got to collect an NHL paycheck, Arizona likely has some ice for you to play more regularly; thanks for your service to this team!
It was technically a bad use of assets to trade a 2nd round pick for him, because I can't imagine he'd get much back in a trade at this point (even a 2nd round pick at the time was pretty baffling).

Reactions: Dack

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad