Waived: Freddie Hamilton on waivers pt.2: CLAIMED BY ARIZONA

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Pt. 2 of the shakeup? Paving the way for Hrivik perhaps if he gets sent down?

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Can't imagine Frolik or Versteeg are back, and it seems odd they'd be recalling someone. Trade happening?

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Can't imagine Frolik or Versteeg are back, and it seems odd they'd be recalling someone. Trade happening?

Could just be they know he won't be claimed so it allows them to do this now and have the flexibility to make moves rather than having something pop up and having to wait the day or two for waivers to go through (I can never follow what the rules or times are).

When he was waived earlier I don't think they made a specific roster move associated with it.

But with all the waiver eligible guys playing well enough that they don't want to send them down it makes sense to have the ability to make a move quickly by being able to move Hamilton down instead.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Could just be they know he won't be claimed so it allows them to do this now and have the flexibility to make moves rather than having something pop up and having to wait the day or two for waivers to go through (I can never follow what the rules or times are).

When he was waived earlier I don't think they made a specific roster move associated with it.

But with all the waiver eligible guys playing well enough that they don't want to send them down it makes sense to have the ability to make a move quickly by being able to move Hamilton down instead.

Didn't they do this once before though? Or does doing this only grant you a specific amount of time before it needs to be done again?

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Didn't they do this once before though? Or does doing this only grant you a specific amount of time before it needs to be done again?
Once you clear waivers you can only be sent down within 30 days of clearing or if you play in less than 10 games or something like that. So to send him down now they had to put him on waivers as it's been more than 30 days since he last cleared waivers.

Reactions: Skobel24

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
That's fine.
Won't be claimed, and he could use some reps in Stockton.

Guys, keep in mind; this management group has to manage two clubs in Calgary AND Stockton.

Over the past 2 months, the Calgary team has taken the entire 1st line out of Stockon; they need some bodies down there.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
That's fine.
Won't be claimed, and he could use some reps in Stockton.

Guys, keep in mind; this management group has to manage two clubs in Calgary AND Stockton.

Over the past 2 months, the Calgary team has taken the entire 1st line out of Stockon; they need some bodies down there.
Lazar should be next. Getting top line minutes at Stockton would help his development more than sitting a third of our games. And if he gets claimed, then he gets claimed

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I think Lazar is one of the best 12 forwards we have so I would rather him play full time than be sat in favor of worse players in Stajan, Brouwer and Jagr but if GG is going to stick with the vets then I guess it is better for him to be in Stockton.

I doubt he clears waivers though as he is a competent bottom 6 guy who is still so young. There has to be a team out there willing to sit a vet and give him a shot even if GG is too stupid to.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Lazar should be next. Getting top line minutes at Stockton would help his development more than sitting a third of our games. And if he gets claimed, then he gets claimed

I agree. They took a gamble on him and it's not looking good. Take the chance, send him down. He's not gonna develop much playing once every 3 or 4 games on the 4th line.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I think Lazar is one of the best 12 forwards we have so I would rather him play full time than be sat in favor of worse players in Stajan, Brouwer and Jagr but if GG is going to stick with the vets then I guess it is better for him to be in Stockton.

I doubt he clears waivers though as he is a competent bottom 6 guy who is still so young. There has to be a team out there willing to sit a vet and give him a shot even if GG is too stupid to.

Lazar should be in over the ghost of Jagr or the corpse of Brouwer.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I agree. They took a gamble on him and it's not looking good. Take the chance, send him down. He's not gonna develop much playing once every 3 or 4 games on the 4th line.

I don't think you gamble with an asset you've paid for like that.
There's a lot of 'meh' depth on Calgary right now, that you'd be much happier if someone picked up over Lazar.

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC
Lazar should be in over the ghost of Jagr or the corpse of Brouwer.

He should be playing with Yeast Mode and Hirvik I actually wouldn’t mind that 4th line or Hirvik and Jagr until Frolik gets back.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
This is really a non story.

Lazar should go to the AHL and learn how to play professional hockey. The Flames cant afford an apprentice right now.

Unfortunately for him, it wont happen until it's too late.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
This is really a non story.

Lazar should go to the AHL and learn how to play professional hockey. The Flames cant afford an apprentice right now.

Unfortunately for him, it wont happen until it's too late.

Why does he need an apprenticeship he is already playing better than our 3 most experienced forwards?

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
A lot of our fourth line problems could've been fixed if we re-signed Chiasson

I disagree. Chiasson was fine defensively, but he wouldn't have fixed anything. He'd have added very very little offensively, and it in all likelyhood would have just meant that Hathaway never got recalled, or Jagr wouldn't have been signed. He also wouldn't have magically made Brouwer and Stajan produce.

Last edited:
Reactions: Janks

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Why does he need an apprenticeship he is already playing better than our 3 most experienced forwards?
Ok I must have missed it then cause I only remember one game that he was decent

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
He's on waivers to keep him eligible for the next 30 days. It's to keep the team's options open, same as last time. Doubt he's going down. (cue the Hamilton assigned to Stockton tweet at 10:00)
this was my thought too, but Hamilton was last Waived Nov. 1, so if that was the seasoning, why didn't they waive him again on Nov. 30/Dec. 1

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
this was my thought too, but Hamilton was last Waived Nov. 1, so if that was the seasoning, why didn't they waive him again on Nov. 30/Dec. 1

Could be a number of reasons. Our 4th line was terrible as always, so having him as a backup plug could have been of value to them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad