Celebrity Death: Fred Willard 86

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Really feels like we are having a famous person die every week.

RIP

f*** 2020.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Wow. He had a cameo on the most recent season of The Bachelor (that's right; I watch The Bachelor), which aired a few months ago. He didn't seem quite as lively or funny as usual, but healthy enough that I wouldn't have guessed that he would die of natural causes only 6 months later. I'm surprised that he was 86.

Miguel Cairo

Mar 18, 2020
One of the funniest men I’ve ever watched. His performance in Best in Show is unbelievably good, he’s got all the classic lines in so little screen time. RIP.

Reactions: NyQuil

Miguel Cairo

Mar 18, 2020

"Damn it, who typed a question mark on the teleprompter?! For the last time, anything you put on that prompter, BURGUNDY WILL READ!"

R.I.P.

I think his one sided phone conversations were the best thing in Anchorman and I’m assuming he improvised them totally.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Has anybody seen the short-lived show "Back to You"? It is not that bad, and Willard was part of a de-facto All Star Ensemble with Kelsey Grammer, Patricia Heaton, Ty Burrell, Josh Gad and Ayda Fields. Of course he had a funny role, like he always had, since he knew how to play it that way.

Thank you for all the laughter in so many moments through so many characters, Mr Fred Willard! Rest in peace.

Gruß,
BSHH

Reactions: Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
About 15 years ago I was working in Encino (west valley LA).. and Fred Willard would come in on a regular basis. He was almost always on a bike, which always impressed me.. he was in his early 70s & an easily recognizable celebrity, just pedalling around like an anonymous young man.
Rest in peace ~

Reactions: Osprey

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
About 15 years ago I was working in Encino (west valley LA).. and Fred Willard would come in on a regular basis. He was almost always on a bike, which always impressed me.. he was in his early 70s & an easily recognizable celebrity, just pedalling around like an anonymous young man.
Rest in peace ~
Someone on reddit had a similar great story:
I saw him at some batting cages in LA maybe 12 years ago. Dude was in the 70mph zone with nothing but these swimsuit lookin short shorts and tennis shoes on. He was absolutely crushing it on the baseball front and really seemed to be enjoying his life. RIP

Miguel Cairo

Mar 18, 2020
Someone on reddit had a similar great story:
I saw him at some batting cages in LA maybe 12 years ago. Dude was in the 70mph zone with nothing but these swimsuit lookin short shorts and tennis shoes on. He was absolutely crushing it on the baseball front and really seemed to be enjoying his life. RIP
No surprise he was crushing the ball, he could bench press 315.

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad