Injury Report: Franzen will miss the Olympics

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
Sucks for him, Olympics mean so much to the players. Gives him a solid month to rest, which will hopefully be good for him going forward.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Awesome news.
Nice.

Sad for Franzen, but obviously the right decision. He needs to take the time to get 100% recovered, this is basically his career that is in danger.

Interesting to ser if they go with Hornqvist or Nyquist/Johansson as the replacement.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Makes you tougher.

I was being sarcastic. The injuries on this team are beyond ridiculous. Very frustrating.

My mistake. I thought you put in the light that he will be able to "rest up", I've seen some of those posts lately.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Good to hear. Rest up and get well Mule. The Wings should consider putting him on LTIR for the rest of the season.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
My mistake. I thought you put in the light that he will be able to "rest up", I've seen some of those posts lately.

Yeah, I forgot there are people who will actually be happy about this.

I'm of the mind that injured guys slated to play in the Olympics should play some NHL games before they go over there, so they aren't just resting up while basically being healthy in order to be fresh for the tournament. That's unnecessarily detrimental to their NHL club. But I don't want any of them to miss the Olympics altogether because of injury either.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

That's not incorrect. Instead of forcing himself to play through for country, he's doing the right thing and getting healthy. That is good news.

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
Can't really play though concussion.
You can play though many injury (and many players will do for the Olympics/Cup playoffs) but not concussion.
Now that Olympics is out of his mind he can rest up.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I am not happy to see him hurt, but he is doing the right thing by staying home and resting rather than trying to play through.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Lets just hope he get one last chance to play. Next concussion he gets will be the nail in his career coffin.

Aug 6, 2012
Too bad for the Mule, was excited to have him back. That's a big blow for Sweden. Hopefully Nyquist takes his spot and plays with Z :)

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
the news is bittersweet

hoping a player is so injured that eh cant play in the olympics is crazy

advocating that if a player is so injured that he cant play for the DRW and therefore shouldnt play in the Olympics is normal and acceptable

I hope Johan gets alot of rest and gets to ressume his career when the time is right

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
He's doing the right thing,but I feel bad for him. Probably his last Olympics, and he's going to miss it. Hope he gets back on his skates soon after the break.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
What's scares me and I wonder if they don't think Franzen will heal from the Concussion anytime soon.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
That's not incorrect. Instead of forcing himself to play through for country, he's doing the right thing and getting healthy. That is good news.

That would be assuming Sweden holds some other type of protocol for concussions. We don't. He wouldn't be cleared to play.

This should be seen as bad news all around. A setback after feeling healthy, and now he's pretty much out indefinitely. Pulling out of the olympics is a formality.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
the news is bittersweet

hoping a player is so injured that eh cant play in the olympics is crazy

advocating that if a player is so injured that he cant play for the DRW and therefore shouldnt play in the Olympics is normal and acceptable

I hope Johan gets alot of rest and gets to ressume his career when the time is right

agreed. i kinda wish datsyuk would go the same route but i don't see that happening. too much at stake for russia

Hammerheart

Now how about a hug?
Aug 1, 2011
Sucks for him, but at least he has a gold medal already. I hope Nyquist is his replacement.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Good decision. Getting healthy and not dealing with serious concussion threats too early is more important than anything.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad