Injury Report: Franzen out with concussion symptoms (Update Post #51)

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
I like how there was no call on the play. Do we need to just hire a bunch of goods line Boston has? :shakehead

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Khan tweeted earlier that he's being put through the concussion protocol. I doubt we see him before next week, at earliest.

Who gets the call? Does ANYONE get a callup, at this point?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Was really hoping he wasn't going to have to sit out any games :(

So who do we call up now? Does Jurco stay up?

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Per Khan:

Holland said they need a center and will decide tomorrow who to recall. Seems like Sheahan would be the guy.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
I'd rather Jarnkrok be called up than Sheahan. I think he'd fit more naturally in a top 6 position.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Sheahan? Meh. I'm excited to see how much better he'll be than he was last time but at this point I think he'll top out career-wise in no better a way than Shawn Matthias has. Hoping I'm wrong but right now I'd rather have Ferraro get the call-up.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
I'd be surprised if either were put into a top 6 position. I imagine Andersson will get a bump.

Horrifying. But then again, I'm not on the Andy bandwagon at all. And sadly, he is the best option for the 2C position right now.

With how well Tatar and Nyquist have been, and how Jurco didn't look out of place in his debut, I think our lack of production speaks volumes about the importance of offensive center depth. Solid wingers don't cut it.

Helm. Andy. Glendening. Emmerton. Sheahan. Ferraro. Abdelkader in the past. I'm just really sick of the train of uncreative centers this organization has produced. This organization has produced just one 40+ point center in the past decade - Filppula. That's simply not enough.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Andersson as a #2 center. Now there's a rags to riches story that would rival Slumdog Millionaire.

IF we're resorting to that..... I'd almost rather see Jarnkrok/Ferraro get a shot. Since they can maybe provide more on a "skill line"

But can't really be mad if Sheahan gets called up. I expect/hope he's on the team next year.

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
Any video or detailed description of the play? I am just now watching the Center Ice replay which is a TB feed.

They barely acknowledged anything happened and said it looked like Franzen had embellished. The quick reply they showed as a wide angle and didn't really show much.

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Any video or detailed description of the play? I am just now watching the Center Ice replay which is a TB feed

You'll get what is expected of an away feed. A single perspective of the play, and announcers that say "Gee, I don't know what happened there. Didn't see a stick."

Later in the third, you'll hear a Tampa announcer make a snide remark about one of their guys taking a random hit and not complaining about it like Franzen did.

(Yeah, I was stuck with the Tampa feed this evening)

Nothing from either Tampa nor FSD perspectives have been posted on Youtube yet.

Number 9*

We are starting to see the Griffins are NOT ready for NHL minutes!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad