Recalled/Assigned: Frankie Corrado Called Up from the Chicago Wolves

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Totally, easier to dump the coach, than to move your top 2 scorers of all time.

And when we see the same ****ing thing next playoffs, will we fire that coach too?

Sorry, I'm angry. I'm just going to give myself a timeout.

I just don't see why we should ignore one problem (AV) just because we might have other problems too. We should try and fix what we can. If AV can't take this team to the WCF, then he should be done.

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON
I just don't see why we should ignore one problem (AV) just because we might have other problems too. We should try and fix what we can. If AV can't take this team to the WCF, then he should be done.

Somebody get a mod in here, this guy is derailing...oh wait, carry on. :sarcasm:

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
I'm not arguing against hitting. I'm just saying that we also need to be scoring to make it actually worthwhile. If we're 3-0 down in the series and the Sharks are hurting (maybe a few injuries as a result of hits) but only have to win one more then we really haven't helped ourselves.

Still think AV has been the problem for a while now. This should be the final test for him. He will have to make some unprecedented (for him) adjustments to win this series.

Of course scoring is more important then hitting. However they are not mutually excusive and a team with less scoring players playing ie. Havlat are less likely to score. If 36 year old Dan Boyle is worn down it will help our team score. The only problem being of course our team is being worn down at the same time. One of the edges Vancouver has over SJ is hitting so they need to take advantage of that. Game two will tell everything. Must win game for the Canucks i will keep calm until that game. Too bad we do not have R. Clowe to run over Logan C. like he did last time these two teams played in the playoffs.

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
I thought Corrado made some pretty good outlet passes last night; Alberts would almost alway defer to him to do that. He did get undressed by Boyle (or Burns, can't remember who) though.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I thought Corrado made some pretty good outlet passes last night; Alberts would almost alway defer to him to do that. He did get undressed by Boyle (or Burns, can't remember who) though.

Burns, it was a tough play though, IIRC we made a turnover at the red line and Burns came in with a head of steam against a flatfooted Alberts and Corrado.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Like splitting the Sedin's?

The coach is hamstrung when the two best players are Twins. I don't understand I'm the only guy who feels this way.

Twins they may be, but there's no law saying they must be kept together. They're both legitimate offensive players in their own right. There's evidence to suggest Henrik plays a simpler game when he's not with his brother.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Twins they may be, but there's no law saying they must be kept together. They're both legitimate offensive players in their own right. There's evidence to suggest Henrik plays a simpler game when he's not with his brother.

What if that would course a rift in the dressing room? Just putting it out there since AV has been criticized for locker room stuff in the past.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Defense pairs

Hamhuis-Garrison
Edler-Bieksa
Corrado-Tanev

Resign Tanev to a 3 year deal 3.5M (Might want higher :()
Corrado will have like 2 years left in his contract.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
What if that would course a rift in the dressing room? Just putting it out there since AV has been criticized for locker room stuff in the past.

If it helps the team win and helps their offense, I don't see why they'd be upset over it. They're team-first guys.

MrShift4

GRRRR.......Babe
Aug 17, 2011
Calgary
Can someone please explain all the 'burn ELC' comments I am hearing about him regarding playing him in the playoffs?

Thanks

Lard_Lad

May 12, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
Can someone please explain all the 'burn ELC' comments I am hearing about him regarding playing him in the playoffs?

Thanks

If he plays more than 5 NHL games (regular season or playoff), this counts as a year off his entry-level contract, so he'd only have two remaining. If he plays five or fewer, the contract "slides" and he'll still have three left.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver

Thanks

People on HFBoards are completely insane and place more value on incremental future savings than on playing the best possible lineup in the playoffs.

If he plays more than 5 games, it counts as the first year of his ELC instead of sliding.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
People on HFBoards are completely insane and place more value on incremental future savings than on playing the best possible lineup in the playoffs.

If he plays more than 5 games, it counts as the first year of his ELC instead of sliding.

Corrado shouldn't see the ice again the way this series is going. He's barely playing. What a $*&#-up on defense by Gillis.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Corrado shouldn't see the ice again the way this series is going. He's barely playing. What a $*&#-up on defense by Gillis.

corrado was 4-0 in chances last night and alberts was 5-1. i honestly think hes the reason that san jose's forward depth hasn't killed us this series and while i understand and agree with the philosophy we've talked about earlier in the thread, i think he's probably too valuable to not use, unless tanev's ready. barker alberts or joslin alberts would be getting creamed even in these super soft minutes

Outside99*

If making it out of the 1st round depends on a 19 year old rookie playing 12 minutes in his 6th NHL game...Besides, with the cap going down significantly, at $599K per year, an ELC contract like Corrado's for a RHD is a gift not to be wasted even if its only 1 year of 3. If its the SCF then you do it otherwise its poor asset management IMO, unless you're desperate...

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
corrado was 4-0 in chances last night and alberts was 5-1. i honestly think hes the reason that san jose's forward depth hasn't killed us this series and while i understand and agree with the philosophy we've talked about earlier in the thread, i think he's probably too valuable to not use, unless tanev's ready. barker alberts or joslin alberts would be getting creamed even in these super soft minutes

I tend to agree. Corrado has shown that he's head and shoulders above our other depth options. Hell, he's head and shoulders above Ballard who is paid $4m+.

Besides, with the cap going down significantly, at $599K per year, an ELC contract like Corrado's for a RHD is a gift not to be wasted even if its only 1 year of 3.

We're talking about 2 years from now. The circumstances could be completely different and the cap is likely to go back up by then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad