Confirmed with Link: Francis Bouillon retires

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
Sarcasm can get annoying after a while when overdone.

Francis Bouillon had a solid career and earned respect around the league. Giving his size, it is quite amazing what he has accomplished. I mean we're not talking about a quarterback offensive producing defenseman here. He was a physical bottom pairing guy playing with an edge. Think about it for a second.

And for those who think his last stint with the Habs lasted a too long... maybe you are right. But then again, if I recall correctly, he was playing mostly ahead of Tinordi (who 2 years later still hasn't secured an NHL job) and Murray (where is he know). So its not like he was worst than the players he was competing against at the time... again, going from memory.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
I'll always remember this snipe!

Bouillon was a good soldier for some pretty bad Habs teams. His second stint was painful, but you couldn't ask for a better effort.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Well, we know who the first choice will be if Therrien ever fires some of his coaching staff. :sarcasm:

In all seriousness, Bou was a great depth guy and loved the team. Can't hold it against him he was horribly misused during the twilight years of his career.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00