Confirmed with Link: Francis Bouillon retires

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Great career, he was a warrior and one of my favorite players during his first stint with the habs.

Favorite moments
F***ing up Tucker

and the ot goal in the big comeback game vs Ottawa

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Michel Therrien is mourning.

Good career, loved him but the end was painful.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Absolute warrior, deserves all my respect.

Therrien overused him and made me "hate" him. Still can't believe he had time on the PP.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
It actually is very impressive that he played a 776 game career and was only a bottom pairing defenceman the whole time. Most depth defencemen will only get a couple of years as a depth guy and then get surpassed by younger players. He did something right to play in the league for that long.

Best of luck in his future. I hope next season that the Habs honor him with a painting or something before a game.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Michel Therrien this morning

latest

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Really liked him a lot. Gutsy player who looked out for his team and fought above his weight class. His later years were not what I'll remember about this player.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Was always a fan of his, the fact that MT over used him at the end isn't his fault.

He gave everything he had every time he stepped on the ice.

Bonne retraite!!

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
#55 patch on our jersey all season?

Later this season there's going to be a gripping ceremony where both his numbers (51 and 55) get retired and DD is left with 69

But seriously, can't fault a guy who always gave it his all (which was plenty for most of his career) but wasn't used properly at the end

Nothing but rispek

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Congrats frankie. I might have disagreed with how Therrien managed his ice time but certainly can't hate frankie. He was warrior on the ice and played bigger than he actually was.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Will always remember him for this:

eTIlZWq.gif

Enjoy your retirement, Frankie Boo. And those spiffy suits, as in that commercial you scored.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Therrien's usage shouldn't be hold against Bouillon who was a Hab at heart. Real competitor, not a bad hockey player, give his all for this team and we should respect that. Thanks Frankie. And yeah....that Tucker sucker punch was truly Worth it.

Fenwick McCorsi

Not impress.
Mar 3, 2013
Montreal, QC
#55 patch on our jersey all season?

And behind the nets in the ice. He will also be the one to kick off the torch passing this year at the home opener, ushering in the first of 55 moments of silence throughout the season which will culminate in his jersey retirement after the Winter Classic and the announcement of his new Bouillon Burger. :sarcasm:

In all seriousness though, great career and I appreciate all his work with the Habs. The Darcy Tucker KO is one of my favorite memories (as was Kovalev bowling him over). Bonne retraite!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad