Francis "Bobby Orr" Bouillon

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
I don't know about you but this guy is playing like crap this year. He continues to make rookie mistakes and get away with it. Therrien rewards him with more icetime. When he hangs on to the puck it kills our momentum and that last minute pass to Gorges, he should have use the boards instead he passes to the net, caught Carey by surprise and Tampa almost scored. On defensive zone Frankie B runs around like a lost puppy and he gets out muscled along th boards. I know the guy is 38 years old but come on. Bouillon and Murray should never be out there in the last 2 minutes of the game!

Demon Wolf

Feb 22, 2013
Bouillon gets overplayed at times, sure. But he is far from the disaster some make him out to be. He's a perfectly capable #6 defenseman and there is a whole lot of confirmation bias going on when it comes to judging his performance.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Bouillon gets overplayed at times, sure. But he is far from the disaster some make him out to be. He's a perfectly capable #6 defenseman and there is a whole lot of confirmation bias going on when it comes to judging his performance.

Bouillon is the worst dman on this team...all things being equal, when Emelin is back, Bouillon should be sitting

Murray may not skate like Bouillon, but he plays within his limitations for the most part and keeps it simple

Too bad the coaching staff sees something entirely different in Bouillon than what reality is...

Feintastic

Jun 22, 2013
Hope that Bergevin will contact his agent soon

We need him next year !!!

....to help the kids in Hamilton !

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Was signed to be #7 dman. Will be that when Emelin returns.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
If Therrien wasn't close friends with Bou and coached him in junior, there's no way he'd be on this team or at the very least, playing 17 min. per night. It's a joke. How he keeps playing Bou and DD is costing us games and making us a worse tram than we already are.

I mean Bou on the PP FFS!? Gimme a break. If only he could destroy the oppositions offensive chances like he does ours when he's on the PP, he'd be worth the cash.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I get that he's mobile and an "all around" d-man. He can play PK, PP, ES, play physical, fight, etc... but he's a filler. Guy has no business playing big minutes.

Bourdon101

Jul 21, 2012
I get that he's mobile and an "all around" d-man. He can play PK, PP, ES, play physical, fight, etc... but he's a filler. Guy has no business playing big minutes.

He's more of a barometer: if he does any of that you need to review your defensive depth.

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec
He's old that's why he sucks. I always loved Boubou when he was younger,but now..... it's hard to love him.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Not a terrible player, so long as it is within a limited role AND he keeps it simple. I do think he should be getting some games off later in the season, though.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
As somebody else mentioned... he's just old. He was a decent blueliner in his day and had guts. I like the guy. But his time has passed.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Francis Bouillon -9
George Parros -5
Douglas Murray -4
Max Pacioretty -4
Ryan White -3
Mike Blunden -2
David Desharnais -2
Brian Gionta -1
Travis Moen -1

Eveyone else is 0 or +

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Boggles my mind that Desharnais +/- isn't terrible despite his horrible season so far.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
He's better than Muray but whatever...

His game is more rounded than Murray's, but Murray is the better penalty killer and is more physically imposing. I'd rather have Murray playing 14 minutes with PK time, than Bouillon playing 14 minutes with PP time.

If Murray is paired with a defenseman who is a decent puck handler and can get the puck out of the zone he wouldn't be as bad.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
The problem is that Therrien loves Bouillon. Nobody knows why, but it's a fact... Much like Darche was Ears Martin's boy. Again nobody knew why...

Bouillon was a guy I always liked but he's overplayed constantly now, and he's not talented enough or quick enough to play the roles he is being given by his coach.

In no way should Frank be played over PK Subban. Ever. But it's happening during penalty kills and last minutes in the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad