Francis "Bobby Orr" Bouillon

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Boullion practiced as top 4 dman today at practice.

Markov- Subban
Gorges-Boullion
Murray-Diaz

Emelin not practicing?

I'm looking at those pairings and trying to divine who MT will drop as it would make sense that Emelin would slot into that position.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
It's mind-boggling that since the 2011-12 season, Francis Bouillon has played 129:01 on the PP and has registered a total of one assist. Last night Emelin, with 48 seconds of PP time, equaled that production.

Tonight if Cube plays on the PP it's just outrageous. (He should not even be in the lineup IMO, used judiciously, Murray can add much needed toughness.)

Anyway the fact that Bouillon finally sat even one game is a glimmer of hope. Is it possible MT will start using reason regarding Cube on the PP?

LeMAD

Mar 1, 2006
Montreal
lemad.freehostia.com
It's mind-boggling that since the 2011-12 season, Francis Bouillon has played 129:01 on the PP and has registered a total of one assist. Last night Emelin, with 48 seconds of PP time, equaled that production.

Tonight if Cube plays on the PP it's just outrageous. (He should not even be in the lineup IMO, used judiciously, Murray can add much needed toughness.)

Anyway the fact that Bouillon finally sat even one game is a glimmer of hope. Is it possible MT will start using reason regarding Cube on the PP?

Personnally I'd play Plekanec on the point on the PP instead. And Bouillon as th 6th dman with limited icetime.

Murray is just painful to watch. Not a NHL caliber player.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Some problems aren't his fault as he's getting some heat for playing PP#2 while his stubborn coach thinks it's his place. Bouillon is a okay #6-#7 that should spend some time from the ice to the stands. The day we become a much better team, he has no room. Until then....

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Personnally I'd play Plekanec on the point on the PP instead. And Bouillon as th 6th dman with limited icetime.

Remember JM tried Plex on the PP a few years back and it didn't work so well. Emelin can stop the puck, has a hard slapper, and is strong enough to make a nice pass without telegraphing it. So why wouldn't you put him there?

As for Murray I constantly hear people saying how awful they think he is. I watch and sorry I don't see it. Is he as mobile as Diaz? Lol of course not. But Diaz isn't anywhere near as good at clearing the crease, hitting, intimidating, fighting. Murray has a role and should play ~10min IMO.

Anyway regularly playing Cube on the PP over Emelin does not make any sense, I'm guessing you agree with that. Just wondering if MT will make an adjustment tonight.

Some problems aren't his fault as he's getting some heat for playing PP#2 while his stubborn coach thinks it's his place. Bouillon is a okay #6-#7 that should spend some time from the ice to the stands. The day we become a much better team, he has no room. Until then....

Yeah I don't blame Cube for the way MT's using him. Actually Cube is fairly versatile IMO, a good 7th to fill in when someone needs a rest or gets banged up.

Analyzer*

Not really. He at least knows he sucks. There's nothing more infuriating than a player thinking they're great and trying to do way too much compared to their actual skill level like Bouillon does. Even worse, Therrien keeps playing him like he's that ****ing great.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Plus he leads the league in the category of best unexplained perpetual tan. :sarcasm:

You know his father is Haitian right?

EDIT: Of course you knew, how did I miss the sarcasm smiley sorry. NYC-born, American citizen, Cube is one of a kind for sure!

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You know his father is Haitian right?

EDIT: Of course you knew, how did I miss the sarcasm smiley sorry. NYC-born, American citizen, Cube is one of a kind for sure!

Actually had not looked into his background. Just thought it was a gift of nature. Thanks for the background info. He's got great skin color, now I know why.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad