Pre-Game Talk: Francesco Aquilini on Sportsnet 650 at 10am - Thursday

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Aquilini cont'd: You have to be patient - there's no other choice. You can't bring in a core, which is what you need to do to win, by trading players & free agency.

jim: hold my beer

upload_2019-10-3_11-1-11.jpeg
upload_2019-10-3_11-1-29.jpeg
upload_2019-10-3_11-2-9.jpeg
upload_2019-10-3_11-4-59.jpeg
images
upload_2019-10-3_11-6-9.jpeg

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
It's so frustrating that we're still being fed this BS that we the fans are impatient but ownership and management are taking the time to do things the right way.

Like, the reason fans are upset with this regime are the constant short-cuts, failed attempts at competing, and total lack of a plan. Fans wanted young players and were ok with a proper rebuild. The owner and GM weren't, and to the be patronized by this idiot telling *us* to be patient is infuriating.
Fredo was the clown full owner that fired the previous two GMs the first time either missed the postseason.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
It's so frustrating that we're still being fed this BS that we the fans are impatient but ownership and management are taking the time to do things the right way.

Like, the reason fans are upset with this regime are the constant short-cuts, failed attempts at competing, and total lack of a plan. Fans wanted young players and were ok with a proper rebuild. The owner and GM weren't, and to the be patronized by this idiot telling *us* to be patient is infuriating.

Trevor Linden's absolute hubristic quote in year 1 along the lines of "its amazing to see how quickly we've accomplished our plan", coupled with his arrogant attitude towards fans who—like you said—were totally happy to commit to a full rebuild like the Leafs/Rangers and accept the pain, only to take the pain for 4 straight years with almost nothing to show for it aside from the league mandated top 10 picks (2 of which we botched!!!!)

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I have reached a point of such demoralization that I just don't care anymore.

The Utica comment triggered me because that would be a completely brain dead move but really, what else is to be expected at this point?

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Was the reporter given a glimpse into inner workings of Mr Aquilini's top secret cap circumvention lab? The fitting of Antoine Roussel under the bar will be talked about for ages.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
So he said they need 5 captains. They have named 4 alternates. Pettersson is the captain? Horvat really is an alternate?

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
So he said they need 5 captains. They have named 4 alternates. Pettersson is the captain? Horvat really is an alternate?
lol no

He even said "it's the worst kept secret" so it's obviously Bo. How would EP be the worst kept secret? People would be shocked if it's anyone but Bo.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
The fact that some people think anyone other than Bo Horvat will be named captain then they're out of their mind. Like it's the most f***ing obvious thing in the world.

Reactions: MS

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
lol no

He even said "it's the worst kept secret" so it's obviously Bo. How would EP be the worst kept secret? People would be shocked if it's anyone but Bo.

The fact that some people think anyone other than Bo Horvat will be named captain then they're out of their mind. Like it's the most ****ing obvious thing in the world.

I believed Bo was it until Aquilini specifically mentioned 5 captains. Why the specific number 5 when 4 are already named as alternates unless the C is someone else? Besides “because Bo!”

Did Aquilini misspeak?

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I believed Bo was it until Aquilini specifically mentioned 5 captains. Why the specific number 5 when 4 are already named as alternates unless the C is someone else? Besides “because Bo!”

Did Aquilini misspeak?

Perhaps they'll add another alternate once a captain is named.

Krnuckfan

Oct 11, 2006

Exactly. This coming from the owner of a team that traded away their 1st rounder this offseason is hilarious.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Have no interest in what this owner has to say about the Canucks, so didn't tune in. But what I'm having trouble understanding is why the owner is meddling in the team captaincy to begin with?

Do the bigwigs at Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment (MLSE) weigh in on who should be captain of the Leafs, Matthews or Tavares? Or is the owner of the Pittsburgh Penguins commenting on Crosby's captaincy of the Pens? Who even owns the Pens?

If wish this guy would just go back to his overpriced condo business and dealings with migrant farm workers, and leave the hockey club to the people he hires to run it. Too much to expect, I guess.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Have no interest in what this owner has to say about the Canucks, so didn't tune in. But what I'm having trouble understanding is why the owner is meddling in the team captaincy to begin with?

Do the bigwigs at Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment (MLSE) weigh in on who should be captain of the Leafs, Matthews or Tavares? Or is the owner of the Pittsburgh Penguins commenting on Crosby's captaincy of the Pens? Who even owns the Pens?

If wish this guy would just go back to his overpriced condo business and dealings with migrant farm workers, and leave the hockey club to the people he hires to run it. Too much to expect, I guess.

Pittsburgh might not be the best example given their high-profile ex-superstar owner, but otherwise yeah. :laugh:

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

To be fair, the owner of the Pens meddled so much that he put himself on the top line 15 years ago.

;)

Reactions: pomorick

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore

Did Aquilini misspeak?
I'm afraid Mr Aquilini has never been good with figures.

A genius in every other respect though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad