Pre-Game Talk: Francesco Aquilini on Sportsnet 650 at 10am - Thursday

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Just like when Trump speaks, who really gives a flying eff.

Actions speak louder than words.

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
It's going to be a bunch of prescreened questions with fluffy answers. There's optimism for this team, sure, but there's also a stench of something not quite right. I'm not sure if Frankie being front and center is the best thing for this market.

Reactions: FacepalmBenning

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
It's going to be a bunch of prescreened questions with fluffy answers. There's optimism for this team, sure, but there's also a stench of something not quite right. I'm not sure if Frankie being front and center is the best thing for this market.
Honestly, I don't blame them. Nobody wants a horse head in their beds.

Reactions: dwarf and tyhee

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
"What was the logic behind giving Pettersson the captaincy over Horvat?"

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Who cares. Everything that comes out of this guys mouth is either a lie or just plain dumb.

Yup.

It'll be the exact same interview we've heard several times in the past. Pre-screened fluffball questions, 'love the direction', all kinds of talk about the young players we got with lottery picks by accident as a reward for losing as though they were actually part of a plan, plus some more 'I believe in Jim' and 'I don't get involved'.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I’ve seen the questions prepared, there’s some really intriguing ones.

Some of you have absolutely no idea how sports media operates.

If you want to tune in, tune in if you don’t think anything insightful will come from it don’t. It’s really that simple.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
It's going to be full of softball questions and non answers.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth

If you want to tune in, tune in if you don’t think anything insightful will come from it don’t. It’s really that simple.

Thanks for the tip, tips.

Still doesn't change the fact that this guy is a liar. Doesn't really matter what the questions are.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
For one there’s a question prepared about what the organization did to lobby the NHL in relation to the Luongo recapture penalty.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

If you want to tune in, tune in if you don’t think anything insightful will come from it don’t. It’s reallt that simple.

Hopefully that's the case, but we've seen this movie before a few times and it basically involved the interviewer lobbing pre-screened cupcakes at Fredo.

If he's actually going to get held over the fire on Benning, the Eriksson situation, the team's results, whether he meddles, amazing. Mad props. And even better if Sat actually is on his toes to call out BS answers and ask sharp follow-up questions.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
For one there’s a question prepared about what the organization did to lobby the NHL in relation to the Luongo recapture penalty.

Anything about celebrating his retirement and recognizing his career?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

I'd love to hear a question as to why we didn't trade a pick for his rights to put him on LTIR. Lobbying the NHL when it was too late and there was a rule in place is pointless. The question is why an obvious move that helped all three parties (a pick for Florida, no recapture for us, more $ for Luongo) didn't happen and where and how the ball was dropped there.

Like, I could answer the question for Aquilini there. 'Well, we tried, but there was a rule in place and unfortunately there wasn't a lot we could do'. It's something that sounds like a tough question but in fact is actually a softball because it misses the main point and just allows for an easy non-answer.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Anything about celebrating his retirement and recognizing his career?
Hopefully that's the case, but we've seen this movie before a few times and it basically involved the interviewer lobbing pre-screened cupcakes at Fredo.

If he's actually going to get held over the fire on Benning, the Eriksson situation, the team's results, whether he meddles, amazing. Mad props. And even better if Sat actually is on his toes to call out BS answers and ask sharp follow-up questions.

I know what you're saying, but we have to understand that 650's main audience has largely different views than someone like you and me. There's not going to be "Fire Benning" talk on a radio station that holds the organizations rights.

Sat does a really good job of objectively analyzing the team and he's probably my favorite media type in this market after the passing of Botchford, he's not going to "call out his BS" but I think he's going to do a good job of taking questions from both ends of the pessimism and optimism spectrum.

Sports media is always going to be different than mainstream media, I know it's probably not what you guys want to hear but lets not attack media members like Sat (not saying you are)

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I know what you're saying, but we have to understand that 650's main audience has largely different views than someone like you and me. There's not going to be "Fire Benning" talk on a radio station that holds the organizations rights.

Sat does a really good job of objectively analyzing the team and he's probably my favorite media type in this market after the passing of Botchford, he's not going to "call out his BS" but I think he's going to do a good job of taking questions from both ends of the pessimism and optimism spectrum.

Sports media is always going to be different than mainstream media, I know it's probably not what you guys want to hear but lets not attack media members like Sat (not saying you are)

I get what you're saying as well, but there's a middle ground between raking Fredo over the coals and giving him nothing but easy-answer softballs.

Any interview with the owner has to contain content about how and why the GM received a long-term extension after missing the playoffs for 5 straight years when his initial plan was a colossal failure. With acute follow-ups.

Likewise, any interview with the owner needs to pull a direct comment on the Eriksson situation - something that the casuals ARE upset about.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I get what you're saying as well, but there's a middle ground between raking Fredo over the coals and giving him nothing but easy-answer softballs.

Any interview with the owner has to contain content about how and why the GM received a long-term extension after missing the playoffs for 5 straight years when his initial plan was a colossal failure. With acute follow-ups.

Likewise, any interview with the owner needs to pull a direct comment on the Eriksson situation - something that the casuals ARE upset about.
Expect some Eriksson content, for sure.

Sekers and Price would be the perfect place to get actual answers from Frankie, but he would never go on that show.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

Who are you calling Fredo? Chris Cuomo wants to know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->