Prospect Info: Frédéric Brunet, 132nd overall, Rimouski Océanic (QMJHL)

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Big kid with some skills. Seems like he was the go-to guy for his team to provide offense from the blueline, which is a good sign; big gap between him and the next defenseman on his team in terms of points.

Reactions: Ladyfan

loosemoose

May 31, 2020
Strange that he wasn't on anyone's radar despite pretty strong counting stats and analytics for a defenceman. I guess because he was barely an overager?

Reactions: missingchicklet

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
"Needs to be more aggressive with his body"

Pray Bruins fans dont catch on to that :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Estlin

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
6`2, like it, just from what I am reading seems to be a big, agile kid, needs a little meat on the bones over the next few years, 16 pims doesn`t has me feeling the kid has any nasty in his game but....

aguineapig

The Hockey News had him as a Top 10 sleeper pick
Frederic Brunet, D, Rimouski (QMJHL)

Passed over last year, Brunet has really upped his game with the Oceanic and has scouts talking. Big kid with good hands who can skate. He’s particularly strong at puck retrievals.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I like what I'm reading about this kid. Think he looks more promising than the centers right now. Granted I'm going off very little lol.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
The Hockey News had him as a Top 10 sleeper pick
Frederic Brunet, D, Rimouski (QMJHL)

Passed over last year, Brunet has really upped his game with the Oceanic and has scouts talking. Big kid with good hands who can skate. He’s particularly strong at puck retrievals.
Was Invited to the Florida Panthers training camp last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad