Frédérik Gauthier

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
I'd be happy with a line of Broll, Gauthier and Biggs as opposed to Orr, McClement, McLaren....

Short-term we already have several options in guys like Winnik, Ashton, Frattin, Santorelli, Holland, etc. Don't think we at all need Gauthier/Biggs up this season to address the 4th line.

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Booth
Komarov-Kontiola-Clarkson
Winnik-Santorelli-Frattin

Extras: Ashton, Holland, Orr, Bodie, etc.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Short-term we already have several options in guys like Winnik, Ashton, Frattin, Santorelli, Holland, etc. Don't think we at all need Gauthier/Biggs up this season to address the 4th line.

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Booth
Komarov-Kontiola-Clarkson
Winnik-Santorelli-Frattin

Extras: Ashton, Holland, Orr, Bodie, etc.

A 5th line of Ashton-Holland-Bodie if you will. Heck, a 6th line of Leivo-Mckegg-Nylander possibly.

Gauthier/Biggs have zero chance. In terms of them long term? I'd be surprised if either was still with this organization in 3 years tine.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The more I think about it.

The Gauthier, Biggs, Komarov line has a good ring to it.

Like the composition of this line.

TMLFAN4LIFE

Dec 11, 2006
If Gauthier can't pick up some footspeed in his game soon, he probably won't ever make it.... I really liked his effort in the defensive zone in the Chi game, and I think he has a very high hockey IQ... He actually tries putting his whole body in the way of shots...He attempted to block a shot from the point with an outstretched hand...you gotta like that type of hustle. But with that being said, in the offensive zone, he looks completely out of place and behind the play, always a step too late.

Last edited by a moderator:

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Meh, no real expectations for these two. Gauthier will probably make the NHL as a 4th liner - his two-way game is impressive but I don't anticipate he will ever develop an offensive game.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Gauthier certainly shouldn't be written off yet: but he's at a point where he should start to see improvement in his play and stats if we expect him to make it to the top six.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
No need to rush either. Send Gauthier back to Junior and let Biggs head to the Marlies. It is best for them, and best for the Leafs long term.

BB

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Left the summer series with an injury - left the rookie tournament with an injury - same injury re-aggravated? Too early to call him injury-prone especially if he tweaked the same thing again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad