Fox airing Coyote Classics

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
FWIW I don't think anybody disliked Chip in 2012, he was an admirable fill in all purpose 13F that played a lot because our C depth was trash (shocking I know)

Ill quote myself:

Chip, for example, was a very important 13th F / #5 C and sometimes regular winger on the 11-12 team. Put up good numbers in very limited minutes and filled when Hanzal was hurt / During the Turris holdout / and the subsequent Cal O'Reilly et al experiments. Until we could trade for Vermette then he played wing more.

Chip could be annoying as f*** in 2015. 2012 Chip was a damn hero and helped break the 'peg curse, making a great pass to put the Coyotes up 2-0 in game 6.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Been slowly rewatching these while I do my home workouts to milk as much hockey as I can before the playing games start. I'm on the third period of game 1 vs Nashville.

Boedker scores his third because of speed and driving the net (and some patience). I feel like the playoff games were for the most part his best games as a Coyote. The speed and shot are on full display. Less timid too. You can tell the league was transitioning into drafting these types of players higher and higher around this time, but Boedker seems to be a prime example of putting too much into the speed and not enough into the all around game.

Keller is still so young and has way more east/west skill too but I feel he will be coming towards the same crossroads Boedker did these next two seasons. Hope he comes out on the right side of it.

Reactions: MIG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad