Fox airing Coyote Classics

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Fox is airing Coyote Classics on Monday's at 7:00. 2012 playoff game three vs Chicago airs this coming Monday.

My thoughts from game one even though I was at every game - memories tend to fade.
Doan - what a beast, basically brushing off checks, nearly at will.
Hanzal - brought a wonderful physical presence to the playoffs.
Yandle - Lord I miss him, speed, play making, attitude....
OEL - could skate, sad what has happened and equally obvious that something has changed, due to injury.
DT - far superior to RT, that team had structure and utilized the D.
Chicago - typical, excellent skill, can endue a physical game, but not really a physical team whatsoever.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Fox is airing Coyote Classics on Monday's at 7:00. 2012 playoff game three vs Chicago airs this coming Monday.

My thoughts from game one even though I was at every game - memories tend to fade.
OEL - could skate, sad what has happened and equally obvious that something has changed, due to injury.
Chicago - typical, excellent skill, can endue a physical game, but not really a physical team whatsoever.

Game 3? I seem to remember something significant happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: Summer Rose

cobra427

May 6, 2012

Smitty owned the mighty Hawks:)

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I remember seeing clips of the dbacks showing highlights(cubs were in town) of this series. Pretty awesome to have other local teams showing off the other teams like that.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I remember seeing clips of the dbacks showing highlights(cubs were in town) of this series. Pretty awesome to have other local teams showing off the other teams like that.

I was at an ASU football game during the Diamondbacks’ World Series run in 2001. That same night, the Diamondbacks were playing the Braves in the NLCS. I don’t remember which game it was, but during the game they showed that the score was 11-4 Dbacks. The entire stadium erupted. That was an awesome experience.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I was at an ASU football game during the Diamondbacks’ World Series run in 2001. That same night, the Diamondbacks were playing the Braves in the NLCS. I don’t remember which game it was, but during the game they showed that the score was 11-4 Dbacks. The entire stadium erupted. That was an awesome experience.

I was playing a beer league game that started during about the 8th inning of Game 7. After a while we saw a few people going crazy in the lobby, someone walked over to our scorekeeper, and she stopped the game to announce we'd won. Big stick tap from both benches.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Torres/Hossa game is on. Man this is fun to revisit. Our defense was so underrated. I forgot Smith and Crawford got really close to fighting.

Derick Morris was a borderline first pairing. His body frame and skating style is so unique. Perfect amount of grit and offense. Plays like Goligoski if he had 20 extra pounds and was fearless.

Rosival was is such a smart defensive player. Much better mobility than I remember.

OEL still is missing that offensive polish but is so calm, rangy and always involved with plays on both end. Reminds me so much of Soderstroms game right now.

Keller needs to watch videos of Whitney all offseason. Hayton should too. Schmaltz should watch Vrby.

Doan is a beast. Such a unique player. Did so much right in his prime.

Edit: OEL gets the shit stirring at the end of the 2nd. Really pushes Kane around, Kane acts like a cocky superstar who doesn't know how to react to a kid pushing him around. OEL proceeds to curse everyone out and push everyone around
Where is this version of him now? People generally seemed to back off from him.

Reactions: MIG

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Game three ( I'm recording and watching day after, to ff through commercials):
Biggest take is yet again coaching (compared to what we currently witness). 2012 team had puck support up the wazoo and again - D involvement in the O is present, as opposed to promised. It's night and day. Sad because in many ways we've actually got more talent today. I will concede that we don't have as good of a mix however. We also have more speed today, thing is RT seems to forget that the puck is still the fastest moving thing on the ice - hence the lack of puck support, which seems integral to his "system."

I remember watching this game at the time and thinking that the fact that Torres knew he was going to be suspended, was all up in his kitchen.
Vrbata - so clever along the boards for a smaller guy.

I really wish Fisher would take it upon himself to try and become a psuedoDoan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jakey53

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
My wife posed an interesting question at the end of the game, will the handshake line become an elbow bump line? Leave the gloves on? A tradition dies in the pandemic?

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
My wife posed an interesting question at the end of the game, will the handshake line become an elbow bump line? Leave the gloves on? A tradition dies in the pandemic?

I mean after 82 games plus playoffs full of hits, sweat and spit I can't imagine a handshake would be the main concern. Let's just hope there are games in 2020-2021. Hell, in 2021-2022.

Reactions: awfulwaffle and MIG

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Will there be a game next Monday? I forgot about it this week (and the last). Apparently I don't watch television outside of HBO if there isn't a game to watch.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Game six in Chicago - advantage Schmiddy!
Team still manages to pot four, lead by the often maligned Kyle Chipchura.

Last edited:

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
They should show the seasons Detroit murdered us in the first round. I was usually drunk by the end of the first after Bryz had already melted down. It will be like watching the 2nd and 3rd periods for the first time. I don't even remember leaving the arena after those games. That's how bad it was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad