Speculation: Fourth Period: Coyotes expected sale gaining steam

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Lol I'm pretty sure he's ****ing with us, either way he's not wrong
Bettman was pretty clear that they would be leaving Glendale and that Glendale is not a tenable situation. They’re going to move East. It’s just a question of how far East. Will they go to Scottsdale or further like Mesa or even further like Houston or even further like Quebec. Those are the questions; just how far East.

Last edited:

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
It was supposed to change when the Suns drafted Ayton too.
I get what you're saying but Zion is like McDavid, he's supposed to be generational talent. The kind of player that people watch whether they give two shits about the Suns or not. If the Suns are lucky enough to land him, they'll be on the national radar instantly just like the Yotes would've been had they got McDavid.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
No it wasn't, Ayton is projected to be a good player but not a superstar. Zion is the next Lebron James level player.
Ayton is Ekblad
Zion is McDavid

I haven't watched the Suns in years but if they land Zion, I'm hopping on that bandwagon because I think it'll be a blast. Helps that he's really hoping to go to Phoenix on top of it.

p.s. Sorry to those of you seeing this thread with a bunch of action only to discover it's talk about the Suns and 2 more weeks.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
It seemed more appropriate to move this over here from the Draft thread...

The addition of a top 3 pick without the increase in attendance and viewership may actually make it more attractive for Houston to take on the franchise.

I am firmly of the opinion that the rumors of Tillman Fertitta ever, I mean ever, buying the Coyotes and bringing them to Houston anytime soon are way overblown.

In addition to being the NBA Rockets new owner, becoming essentially the supremo of University of Houston athletics,

(What's next for Houston coach Kelvin Sampson after Sweet 16 loss to Kentucky?),

he is now apparently taking a run at Caesar's Entertainment. Lotta plates on the spin.

(Tilman Fertitta said to be considering second bid for Caesars)

Reactions: drgregg

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
How do we get the Discount Tire folks in on this? The wealthiest family in AZ from my understanding. Maybe they have their own version of William Clay Ford that needs a hobby (but without decades of futility).

Reactions: Matias Maccete

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
How do we get the Discount Tire folks in on this? The wealthiest family in AZ from my understanding. Maybe they have their own version of William Clay Ford that needs a hobby (but without decades of futility).
They are a first class family. They are involved in a lot of things you don't ever hear about. I have no reason to believe they are interested in a sports team, though. We are in desperate need of their charity, so maybe we could work that angle? Haha

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
They are a first class family. They are involved in a lot of things you don't ever hear about. I have no reason to believe they are interested in a sports team, though. We are in desperate need of their charity, so maybe we could work that angle? Haha

They're too busy throwing money at Roger Penske and Brad Keselowski to bother with our poor team.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Instead of throwing the tire through the window when you aren't satisfied (for those of you old enough to remember the commercial) we could throw pucks through the glass. That would get expensive with the team we have now though.

Reactions: Art.Vandelay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad