Fournier: Habs shopping own Top-6 Forward for D

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
solid evidence? If they moved him up the list because he was french, this is exactly what you would expect to see. Did you think they would have his name at #1 highlighted with an asterix next to it? What does this solid evidence prove?

It proves that the habs were following a list and weren't simply swept away by the Bell Center reaction, like some have speculated. If another player above Leblanc had been available there is no reason to believe they wouldn't have picked him - unless you want to speculate your own conclusion.

Was he higher in their list because of his hometown? It's always a possibility, but since Leblanc was well liked in general during his draft year, it's pure speculation. In the recent past, the habs haven't exactly reached for french-canadian players very often, and when they do it, it's with later picks. There's no reason why it would have been the case for Leblanc.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
What's the hard on so many people have on Leddy? We don't really have room for him to begin with.

axman88

Apr 5, 2007
Lol, Ready for some restructuring.....?

Pleks (5) to Chicago for Hjalmarsson (4.1)

Then

Trade Briere (4) for Lecavalier (4.5)

Then

Patches (4.5) + Desharnais (3.5) + Pateryn or Nygren + 2nd

to Winnipeg for...

Kane (5.25) + Byfuglien (5.2)

Then

Subban (x?) + Gorges (3.9) + 1st or 2nd pick or Connor Crisp

to Edmonton for...

Hall (6) + Yakupov (3.775)

Hall (6) - Galchenyuk (3.225) - Yakupov (3.775)
Gallagher (.845) - Lecavalier (4.5) - Kane (5.25)
Bourque (3.333333) - Eller (3) - Gionta (2.5)
Weisz (1) - Prust (2.5) - Bournival (.82)

White (.8)
Moen (1.85)

Forwards:
$39,398,333

Byfuglien (5.2) - Hjalmarsson (4.1)
Emelin (4.5) - Markov (5.75)
Tinordi (1.0825) - Beaulieu (1.725)

Weaver (1.5)

Defense:

Price (6.5)
Budaj (1.4)

Goal:

Total Cap Hit: $71,155,833 (alot of bonuses so can technically be over and it'll hit the following year)

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Why would we want Lecavalier? He's less productive and costs more than Briere.

Not to mention you massive overpay for Kane + Buff and Plek has more value than a #3 dman straight up.

Actually all your deals are terrible.

axman88

Apr 5, 2007
Why would we want Lecavalier? He's less productive and costs more than Briere.

Not to mention you massive overpay for Kane + Buff and Plek has more value than a #3 dman straight up.

Actually all your deals are terrible.

Lol! Right you are!

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Lol, Ready for some restructuring.....?

Pleks (5) to Chicago for Hjalmarsson (4.1)

Then

Trade Briere (4) for Lecavalier (4.5)

Then

Patches (4.5) + Desharnais (3.5) + Pateryn or Nygren + 2nd

to Winnipeg for...

Kane (5.25) + Byfuglien (5.2)

Then

Subban (x?) + Gorges (3.9) + 1st or 2nd pick or Connor Crisp

to Edmonton for...

Hall (6) + Yakupov (3.775)

Hall (6) - Galchenyuk (3.225) - Yakupov (3.775)
Gallagher (.845) - Lecavalier (4.5) - Kane (5.25)
Bourque (3.333333) - Eller (3) - Gionta (2.5)
Weisz (1) - Prust (2.5) - Bournival (.82)

White (.8)
Moen (1.85)

Forwards:
$39,398,333

Byfuglien (5.2) - Hjalmarsson (4.1)
Emelin (4.5) - Markov (5.75)
Tinordi (1.0825) - Beaulieu (1.725)

Weaver (1.5)

Defense:

Price (6.5)
Budaj (1.4)

Goal:

Total Cap Hit: $71,155,833 (alot of bonuses so can technically be over and it'll hit the following year)

I think I might hate you and you're team sucks. Thanks for ruining my night with your awful imaginary trades. I'll let it slide because you're obviously under the influence of alcohol or a Leaf fan. ;)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=30034&navid=nhl:topheads

I just listened to this interview with David Poile the gm from the Nashville Predators. He was talking about trading their 11th overall pick for a top 6 forward. Would we be willing to ship say Plekanec + pick or something in order to land this pick. If so who would we take?

Why would we do this? Wouldn't we be better off getting an experienced NHL player who can fill a need, rather than some prospect whose development is uncertain? We can do better than a pick for Pleks.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

I just listened to this interview with David Poile the gm from the Nashville Predators. He was talking about trading their 11th overall pick for a top 6 forward. Would we be willing to ship say Plekanec + pick or something in order to land this pick. If so who would we take?

...if we were rebuilding/retooling, absolutely....we're not...our core is young and ready to enter it's prime...we're building a contender here and, with luck, for years to come...we don't need picks unless they come with someone that can help us right now...

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
...if we were rebuilding/retooling, absolutely....we're not...our core is young and ready to enter it's prime...we're building a contender here and, with luck, for years to come...we don't need picks unless they come with someone that can help us right now...

I wouldn't say Plekanec is entering his prime.

axman88

Apr 5, 2007
I think I might hate you and you're team sucks. Thanks for ruining my night with your awful imaginary trades. I'll let it slide because you're obviously under the influence of alcohol or a Leaf fan. ;)

Haha!

Just FYI all those trades were accepted in NHL 2014

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
What's the hard on so many people have on Leddy? We don't really have room for him to begin with.

I wager the idea is we could pull a subsequent trade using Tinordi or Beaulieu. While Leddy isn't someone I would necessarily chase given our needs, he is something of an underrated defenseman. His offensive skills are solid, as is his playmaking and despite some defensive lapses, he's adequate. People forget he's only 23. There is lots of room to grow here.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

The #11 pick is not worth trading Plekanec for. If you're lucky at that pick you get a Plekanec caliber player...not a good gamble.

If you move TP, you need to get a #2 or 3 d-man back with term or a winger with size and skill with term(not guys with 1 year left then UFA).

Trading TP for Kane or Saad even if you have to add a B prospect is the only type of deal that makes sense. Trading him for an older player or for a draft pick makes no sense unless it's a top 3 pick(Bennett Ekblad Draisaitl).

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I wager the idea is we could pull a subsequent trade using Tinordi or Beaulieu. While Leddy isn't someone I would necessarily chase given our needs, he is something of an underrated defenseman. His offensive skills are solid, as is his playmaking and despite some defensive lapses, he's adequate. People forget he's only 23. There is lots of room to grow here.

I don't see a huge amount of upside in Leddy. Best case he becomes a #3-4 d-man, Beaulieu and Tinordi have more upside.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Classic. :laugh:

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I don't see a huge amount of upside in Leddy. Best case he becomes a #3-4 d-man, Beaulieu and Tinordi have more upside.

If you give me the opportunity to pick one of Leddy, Tinordi or Beaulieu, I pick Leddy quite easily. 1/2 years older, but WAY more proven and there's no doubt in my mind he'll end up a top-4 D. Tinordi's case is way less of a certainty, and Beaulieu, while promising, still isn't nearly as polished.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
If you give me the opportunity to pick one of Leddy, Tinordi or Beaulieu, I pick Leddy quite easily. 1/2 years older, but WAY more proven and there's no doubt in my mind he'll end up a top-4 D. Tinordi's case is way less of a certainty, and Beaulieu, while promising, still isn't nearly as polished.

He's the safer pick, but Beaulieu and Tinordi are both bigger and bring more home run upside.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Per Ron Fournier on 98,5FM just now, the Habs are shopping one of their impact forwards for a good defensemen. He didn't say who, but he said the guy had reached the end of the road with Montreal.

I say Plekanec. But the way he talked about, the guy was a goal scorer. Maybe Pacioretty?

He said it would be done before the draft.

He also said that many teams were inquiring about Ryan White, that the Habs were through with Leblanc and that Gionta wouldn't be the captain next year.

Shoots this down...Fournier must be lying. If teams were calling about White habs would have traded him instead of releasing him.

Flockyhockey

Jul 1, 2014
I have no idea why the Habs make so many mistakes in management.They had goalies galore but kept drafting goalies.They have a lot of very good defense ,they do NOT need to make dumb trades for any more BAD defense.
That aged past his prime D man they got from the leafs "Kaberle" was a bad move,grabbing that guy who can't skate from San Jose last year was a terrible move.
Both Tinordi and Beualieu are very good and gives the Habs solid D for many years to come.I also like another guy they have in Hamilton his name slips me though but was ready to play in the NHL even last year.

Traditionally the Habs have made some real bad FA signings and trades,i wish they would stick with their drafts and only make moves for proven solid players and address their needs.

BTW to the guy who mentioned Leddy and skating Beualieu is maybe the fastest skater D man in the league he is just not consistent ...YET.Habs do NOT need anymore D.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00