Speculation: Four trades to get our 3rd Cup.....

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
The Kings should get try to get Slava Voynov back in the NHL. The guy is a major asset for this team, they might get a 1st round pick for him. He has some baggage, but they could trade him to a team in the eastern conference. He's a right handed top 2 defense men in the NHL, they also might be able to bring him back to the team. 2 years is long enough for him to be suspended. I think he probably learned his lesson, i don't think the Kings should release him. Get something for him.
The VV thing is beyond hockey. Maybe Putin and Trump can work something out? Fewer sanctions if the KHL retains 50%?

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
You've created a nice post and I understand your reasoning behind your ideas.

But these trades are waaay too much video-game-like, especially #2 and #4. That doesn't happen in the real world.
Also, you're giving away a s***load of assets, just to bring in guys that may or may not help us. Hanzal is a band-aid boy, Trouba is good but I doubt the Jets need another forward, Landeskog has been pretty much average, and Kane... well, he's Kane.
Also, the contracts of hanzal and Kane expire in 2017 and 2018.

This would ruin our depth. No matter who you acquire, you can never plan a Cup, especially not in the salary cap era, but it would cripple us for the next 5-10 years.

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
If Voynov was canadien he would have been suspended, but would still be allowed to stay in the country.

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
The Kings should keep their top 4 draft picks for the next 3 or 4 seasons to rebuild the system, and lower the salary cap. Trading away all their top prospects, and picks is not working any more. They won 2 cups, it's time to rebuild.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Guys, I've been thinking about this for a long time.... Please read my proposals and flame away. You'll hate at least one of them, but I believe they are necessary for both immediate & long term success....

Trade #1
Everybody's gunna hate this one. It involves Toffoli, a guy who can be a 40-goal scorer if the circumstances are right.....

Toffoli
Moverare

...for...

Trouba
Winnipeg's 2nd round pick in 2018
Winnipeg's 2nd round pick in 2019

REASONING: Long-term, can the Kings really afford to keep a potential 40-goal scorer around? For how long? Also, Dean's been looking for that elusive top-4, RHD since the departure of Voynov. Moverare is there to both increase the return of assets and to satisfy the Winnipeg faithful who insist, "if we're giving up a D, we should be getting a D in return". Well, there 'ya go. Perhaps most importantly, Toffoli's value will enable us to acquire those two 2nd round picks. Those assets are almost essential for the three trades that follow.....

Trade #2

McNabb
Lintuniemi
LoVerde
Clague
King's 1st round pick 2017
King's 2nd round pick 2018

...for...

Landeskog (50% retained)

REASONING: It's been said that the Avs want D in exchange for Landeskog. Why not give them four D? A guy like LoVerde, though unable to make it as an NHLer in the Kings org. might find the right opportunity in the Avs org. For evidence of this, please note Cliche and Smithson. They couldn't make it on the Kings, but found NHL homes elsewhere. Why not give LoVerde a chance with the Avs? The org. is high on Lintuniemi. Let the Avs org. be even higher, in that there'd be more opportunity on a young, rebuilding Avs team. Aside from LaDue, Clague is probably our best defenseman prospect. Let Clague be this for the Avs. And finally, McNabb...... McNabb has a skill about him. What's that skill, you might ask? McNabb hits. When McNabb hits, there's an EXCELLENT chance that the hit receiver is knocked out of the game. In short, McNabb's a world-class "damager". When he's playing for the Kings, that's never a bad thing. However, one of the whole justifications of getting the Avs to retain 50% on Landeskog is giving them so much in this deal. In short, we have to give to get, I and think offering four D (as opposed to one) will get this deal to happen.

Trade #3

Dowd
King's 2nd round pick 2017
King's 1st round pick 2018 (contingent upon Hanzal re-signing with the Kings or the Kings winning the 2017 Cup.)

...for...

Hanzal

REASONING: Given the projections of Kempe/Amadio, it's difficult to justify a long-term spot for Dowd amongst our center ranks. Remember, we've still got Shore & Lewis. The conditional 1st guarantees that if Hanzal's only a rental, then we retain that pick. Please let me know if I've offered too little here.

Trade #4
LoL, you guys might hate this one, too!

Andreoff
Purcell
Rights to Prokhorkin
Winnipeg's 2nd round pick 2019
King's 3rd round pick 2018

...for...

Evander Kane (50% retained)

REASONING: It's said that Teddy Purcell has trade value. It's said that, come the TDL ("trade deadline"), playoff-bound teams will be in search of "extra, 3rd line scoring". Blah blah blah, we've heard it all before. GREAT! Let Buffalo reap the benefit of what comes from trading Purcell at the TDL. They might get as high as a 3rd or 4th for Purcell. Prokhorkin....... I'm sick of my brain always returning to thoughts of "when will this guy decide to play in North America....?" Let Buffalo deal with that situation. I don't think Buffalo does this deal without a 2nd involved, though I don't believe that Kane justifies parting with a 1st, given alleged "cancer in the locker room" allegations. Andreoff will see more ice time in Buffalo, and the inclusion of himself and the 3rd are for the benefit of receiving Kane @ 50% retention.

***OTHER ASSETS: Other things we have to make the above deals happen might include prospects like Spencer Watson, Austin Wager, and (gasp!) Micheal Mersch (that's a worse-case scenario, though). There's still the other Winnipeg 2nd as well as the rights to Dominik Kubalik, who might actually want to play in North America next year.

Aftermath:

For the play-off run, we look like this.....

Landeskog / Kopitar / Gaborik
Pearson / Carter / Kane
King / Hanzal / Brown
Clifford / Shore / Lewis

Noland & Seto

Forbort / Doughty
Muzzin / Trouba
Martinez / LaDue

Gravel

Expansion Draft:

After the playoffs, Dean will have to make a decision about E. Kane. Is this guy really the locker-room cancer that everyone claims? Well, if so, then there's a solution....

Trade #5

To: Las Vegas Knights

Evander Kane

To: Los Angeles Kings

Future Considerations

What, pray tell, are these "future considerations" that go along with getting goal-scoring Evander Kane for at least one season @ 50% retained salary? Easy! The Vegas Knights must take Dustin Brown in the 2017 expansion draft! :handclap:

2017-2018, the Kings roll with.....

Landeskog / Kopitar / Gaborik
Pearson / Carter / Brodzinski
King / (Hanzal or Kempe or Amadio) / Lewis
Clifford / Shore / Nolan

Forbort / Doughty
Muzzin / Trouba
Martinez / LaDue

Quick
Budaj

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

if that's all it took to get Kane at 50% than wow!! Way way to much for hanzal and I wouldn't do the trouba deal.

The Landeskog deal could be fair for the avs without them retaining nickle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad