Weekes: Four Islanders moves coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Any idea on what Dobson and Romanov get for contracts? You'd think Lou is probably going for bridges on these two, deals would be done otherwise. What's comparables? If Kadri signs for slightly under $9 million, and the Isles get the two defensemen at around $7 million ($4.5 AAV and $2.25 AAV, comparing to the Sergachev and Cernak bridges) can the Isles get by with just one trade? Does Lou have to bargain harder?

I know I'd take Pageau on the Jets in an instant, if he would waive to play in Winnipeg. Could send back a cost controlled d-man in Stanley and a 2nd round pick in 2024, easily.

Reactions: andora

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Any idea on what Dobson and Romanov get for contracts? You'd think Lou is probably going for bridges on these two, deals would be done otherwise. What's comparables? If Kadri signs for slightly under $9 million, and the Isles get the two defensemen at around $7 million ($4.5 AAV and $2.25 AAV, comparing to the Sergachev and Cernak bridges) can the Isles get by with just one trade? Does Lou have to bargain harder?

I know I'd take Pageau on the Jets in an instant, if he would waive to play in Winnipeg. Could send back a cost controlled d-man in Stanley and a 2nd round pick in 2024, easily.
Those are very fair comparables

I think kadri is in the 6s now

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Lou was going to do 4 moves, but then it leaked. So to keep his Super Secret GM reputation intact, he’s going to do nothing for spite.
Lou even lost Kadri just because he had to wait out the "insider" rumor mill, and in the midst of that Kadri got tired of waiting. And yet... that might have turned out in Lou's favor all the same. :sarcasm: :bow::huh:

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I just don't get these pundits. They obviously are guessing like "we" do and go out with a megaphone to basically theorize with as much information as the casual fan, but yet they go unscathed for the 90% of the time they are wrong.

Islanders seems to be of the belief that the 13 road games to start the season, the COVID games with the Panik roster, the condensed make up schedule, new arena were a big piece of why they underachieved last year and then somehow replacing an iconic coach with a near 60 year old guy who has always been passed up as a head coach will turn the page... smh

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I just don't get these pundits. They obviously are guessing like "we" do and go out with a megaphone to basically theorize with as much information as the casual fan, but yet they go unscathed for the 90% of the time they are wrong.

Islanders seems to be of the belief that the 13 road games to start the season, the COVID games with the Panik roster, the condensed make up schedule, new arena were a big piece of why they underachieved last year and then somehow replacing an iconic coach with a near 60 year old guy who has always been passed up as a head coach will turn the page... smh

Give Chara and Greene another year to develop and enter their prime, then watch out eastern Conference. Just hope their contract asks are reasonable.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Can’t wait for the Kevin Weekes onlyfans angle video trade confirmation.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
It’s a scam. They have a dinosaur in charge. Lock it up.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Weeks is a nothing reporter/analyst. All he ever does is get things like this way wrong. And then on FA day, he is just quicker than some to report "breaking news" that is already out.

• Haha
Reactions: thaman8765678

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I heard that Lou is going to take 4 naps a day until the season starts, where he plans to pace himself and only take 3 naps a day!

Reactions: BayStBullies
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad