Forza Motorsport

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I think the 43% Steam score is a bit harsh though I am playing on a top of the line PC. The graphics are very nice despite not having the ray tracing that was advertised pre-release. The thing that has bothered me the most is the insane amount of handholding when you first start the game, I just want to race but I have to sit there and listen to unskippable dialogue explaining how to navigate the upgrade menu lol.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
You can't really be sure these days with rampant review bombing.
I don't think many people would buy the game, install all 100+ gigs, and play for a few minutes just for the purpose of leaving a negative review, even if they can refund and get their money back.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
These unfinished games make Game Pass and MS look bad, and they have no one to blame but themselves.
It's the gaming industry as a whole but yes I never understood the people enthusiastic about GamePass or the chumps eager to see microsoft keep buying up activision and other studios. It gives a tech giant the ability to scoop up dev teams and churn out lackluster products for "free". Standards and quality dip

Reactions: Beau Knows

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Yes, I think they've been making that that quite clear.
If they didn't care about quality, they wouldn't have delayed Starfield for a year, Redfall for nearly a year and Halo Infinite for over a year. If you want to argue that they should've cared more and delayed them further, that's fair and something that we could agree on.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
It's the gaming industry as a whole but yes I never understood the people enthusiastic about GamePass or the chumps eager to see microsoft keep buying up activision and other studios. It gives a tech giant the ability to scoop up dev teams and churn out lackluster products for "free". Standards and quality dip

If Sony bought them you would be fine with it. I get it.

Reactions: Jussi

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
The Good:
-I like the physics/handling, I think they have actually improved.
-The steering wheel support does seem better, but I still need to dial it in to be sure. It really should work well out of the box, but the initial settings are almost unplayable.
-Private multiplayer matches are fun, crossplay is always appreciated.

The Bad:
-The game is incredibly buggy, it's unfinished. I'm getting a lot of crashes recently.
-The AI is not fun to race against. They actually simulate an online racer fairly well, in that they'll ram right into you.
-This game isn't a looker, which is fine, but that makes the poor performance seem even more pathetic.
-The upgrade system. I appreciate the idea to encourage you to stick with a car and master it. But tying your vehicles performance to how many laps you've done and forcing you to start back at 0 every time you want to try something else isn't fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: Osprey

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It is not. You can't even tweak it one level above it's class.

No matter. I stopped playing it until they fix silly Day 1 bugs like this.

Did you report this via the games internal bug reporting system?

By the way, I recommend everyone buy the VIP pack, I guess the price has dropped even more since launch, you get double car XP. You also get car xP in Free Play and online.

We played a some online races with friends and they were fun. The host complemented how setting up the race was easier done than on 7. One minor bug that I and another friend encountered once, while changing the car we got stuck in the loading screen. Rebooting the game fixed that and since this game loads quickly, I was back in the lobby in about a minute. I did report the bug. None of the other people in the party got it though.

Last edited:

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
I'm having lots of fun online when the game doesn't freeze. Have found that if you're not qualified top 4 or so you will likely be punted off at T1 or the first straight. Qualified on pole last night by 3 seconds, immediately rammed on T1 and then driven off on the straight. Came back from last to 7th I think and it was fun picking my way through the field. If they keep working on this game, listen to some of the feedback, I think it can be great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad