Forward Patrik Berglund has been suspended indefinitely by the organization due to failure to report

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
I never argued Berglund comes from money but Where you lost me is when you said that Skype and Minecraft hasnt generated any millionaires. Niklas Zennstrom and Markus Persson along with their billions would disagree.

steleh

Nov 8, 2013
The original point wasn't that there aren't any billionaires in Sweden, obviously there are. None has stated otherwise. The point was that there is hardly anyone rich enough to walk away from Berglunds contract. A handful of non hockey playing entrepreneurs don't change this fact. I'm still convinced some information is still missing here. I'm very doubtful he knew he was walking away from this money.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Last edited by a moderator:

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
I used the auto-translate on Chrome and the headline turned to this - is this correct cause I'm dying :laugh:

Patrik Berglund breaks the silence after the NHL break-up - therefore he called 110 million: "I had to s***"

Hahaha

"I felt like s***" is what you are looking for. ;)

Reactions: BonMorrison

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
I wouldn't say he's found any "personal happiness" after reading that. He sounds kind of aimless and depressed.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Not sure whether it is the time and/or place and I am not sure if there is anything that would be able to be done in this case....but I feel like mental health issues shouldn't be something a player can have their contract terminated over. Now obviously there is massive grey area as the mental health can cause someone to act in a way that is cause for termination but it's a tough situation either way.

member 157595

I used the auto-translate on Chrome and the headline turned to this - is this correct cause I'm dying :laugh:

Patrik Berglund breaks the silence after the NHL break-up - therefore he called 110 million: "I had to s***"

Fantastic. :laugh:

Seems that Finnish isn't the only language that Google Translate butchers.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Not sure whether it is the time and/or place and I am not sure if there is anything that would be able to be done in this case....but I feel like mental health issues shouldn't be something a player can have their contract terminated over. Now obviously there is massive grey area as the mental health can cause someone to act in a way that is cause for termination but it's a tough situation either way.

Public sector (e.g teachers, emergency, health care etc.) you are very well protected.

Private sector...yeesh. The second you start costing them more money than you're bringing in, they'll find some way to rid themselves of you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad