Forward Contracts

sooner

Jan 8, 2009
This sounds like Fisher isn't leaning towards retirement just yet. Unless he has a really rough year and decides his body can't take it, I'd expect him to play past this season.

While his contract is up after this season, the 34-year old is also keeping mum about his future plans. Could this be the last season for one of the most popular Senators ever?

"Who knows?," said Fisher. "Right now I don't feel like it is, no. I want to win and I feel like we've got a good young group. It's fun to be a part of and I still enjoy it. We'll see."

http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/11/20/predators-mike-fisher-close-to-making-season-debut

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
If I were DP I would be talking with the agents for Smith, Wilson, and Jarnkrok trying to get them locked up on extensions. All three of these players are going to be needed and their value will only increase as the season goes on. Get them locked up now before any of them goes crazy and starts putting up a ton of points. The line has looked good enough to merit this and it would be better to start working on it now over waiting.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
He's gotta play another year to pay for college for little Fisher-Underwood.
I'm guessing with the $31,000,000 Carrie made last year, Mike's money is just party money.

Think about that. Carrie makes more in 4 years than Shea Weber will for his 14 year contract.

She makes more in 2 months than Mike does all year.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I'm guessing with the $31,000,000 Carrie made last year, Mike's money is just party money.

Think about that. Carrie makes more in 4 years than Shea Weber will for his 14 year contract.

She makes more in 2 months than Mike does all year.

It's not sustainable though. Many artists have great runs but they rarely make that sort of money year in and year out. MC Hammer had a 2 year run where he made $30 million a year but went bankrupt shortly thereafter because he was stupid with his money. I think the Fisher's and Weber are much smarter than that.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
It's not sustainable though. Many artists have great runs but they rarely make that sort of money year in and year out. MC Hammer had a 2 year run where he made $30 million a year but went bankrupt shortly thereafter because he was stupid with his money. I think the Fisher's and Weber are much smarter than that.
I would agree with you if she had not already proved she's not just a one hit or album artist.

For the record, Madonna made over 125m last year, and the dead Michael Jackson made over 160M. Toby Keith, who I don't think of as a major hot artist, $65M, Bon Jovi, $79M.

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
Here is How I see our team next year.

Ribeiro will be re-signed unless something crazy happens(trouble or money)
Roy And Jokinen gone
Cullen retired?
Wilson must step it up or he is traded.
Smith re-signed
Fisher retired or two year deal.
Bourque traded or released
Beck re-signed for fourth line.
Jarnkrok re-signed

All of this (well, a bunch of it) has the ability to change dramatically if/when this team goes deep in the playoffs.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
I would agree with you if she had not already proved she's not just a one hit or album artist.

For the record, Madonna made over 125m last year, and the dead Michael Jackson made over 160M. Toby Keith, who I don't think of as a major hot artist, $65M, Bon Jovi, $79M.

Hard to realize, but she's had a few hit songs to her name, and a few hit albums.

And, she's got the Opry thing going for her, too. That's always good for something down the road.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville

Generally speaking country music stars have more staying power than your typical pop star. Carrie has really lined herself up well and I don't see her losing the spotlight anytime soon. With that said you could take either one of their lifetime salaries to this point and live 5 lives in luxury. I don't think money will play a part in Mike retiring or not. It will come down to family and desire.

OpenWheel

Jan 10, 2007
Keweenaw Peninsula
If I were DP I would be talking with the agents for Smith, Wilson, and Jarnkrok trying to get them locked up on extensions. All three of these players are going to be needed and their value will only increase as the season goes on. Get them locked up now before any of them goes crazy and starts putting up a ton of points. The line has looked good enough to merit this and it would be better to start working on it now over waiting.
Yeah. I'm really liking how Wilson is looking recently. I was wondering eaqrlier in the year why he seemed to play ok but neither he nor his linemates ever put up any points. And I was thinking that's always the way it's been with him. Not any results.

But recently I so often see him control the puck well in traffic and then a make a slick smart feed to the right spot and we get a shot, and i think "this guy's good". Feeling really good about Wilson again, finally.

I am never optimistic about Poile being ahead of the game with his contracts, but he's bought some new cred with putting this team and coach together. Hope he can keep all the good young guys for a good while without breaking the bank.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
I think with the 3 mentioned, Wilson, Smith and Jarnkrok we could see contracts around this:

Wilson - 2yrs 2-2.5M per
Smith - 4-5yrs 4-5M per
Jarnkrok - 3yrs 1.5-2M per

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad