Forward Contracts

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
Looking at capgeek.com, am I reading it correctly that Nashville only has FIVE forwards under contract after this season? Neal, Gaustad, Stalberg, Nystrom, and Forsberg are the only players shown as being under contract next year. Then there are five RFAs (Wilson, Smith, Bourque, Jarnkrok, and Beck) and everyone else is a UFA.

If that's the case, how do you think the lineup changes after this season? Who do you think leaves? Who is re-signed? Who is let go to make room for someone from the minors?

Personally, I think Jokinen and Roy are probably out after this year. I seem to recall that there was a story saying Fisher was planning to retire after this year, too, but I might have dreamed that.

I think Ribeiro probably re-signs at a moderate salary for 2-3 years.

Cullen, I'm not sure about. He seems to still have decent wheels but he's already 38. When he falls off he's probably going to fall off fast and hard. I could see the team maybe offering him a 1-year extension but I hope they don't go past that.

So, I think there will be at least 2-3 roster spots available after this year. Could be interesting to see who forces their way up from the minors, or if Fiala can come into camp next year and make it impossible to send him down.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
If we can move him (and I don't know what his contract is, so no idea if it's even remotely possible), I could certainly see Stalberg gone. He's just not adding anything, whether injured or not.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Since Ribeiro already lives here regardless and is (presumably) still motivated more than anything by his family situation, he's probably much like Fisher in the idea that as long as we want him, he'll play for us. Given what we've seen so far I have no issue with that.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Roy and Jokinen are gone. Cullen is pobably gone. Riobiero probably wants to stay and we probably want to keep him I just hope he isnt going to want to maximize his money because his numbers are gonna be good.

Fisher stays if he wants to, but that will likely depend on how he plays once he's back. Bourque is probably trade bait. All the othe RFAs re-sign.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
If we have good success through the rest of the season, part of me wonders if we might try and re-sign Cullen to a cheaper deal because he knows what it's like to win a Cup with Lavy and he hasn't been bad when he's been healthy. But given the choice between Ribs. Cullen, Jokinen and Roy, I'd rather bring Ribeiro back and it's not even close.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Stalberg traded at deadline maybe with Bourque as a package. Maybe Poile fleeces someone else with that package but probably not. Both will probably be gone IMO.

Ribs 2yr contract
Jokinen gone
Roy 1-2yrs
Fisher retires (baby on the way) if not 1-2yrs
Cullen 1yr or retires
Wilson signs 2yrs? (Iffy on this one)
Jarnkrok 3yrs
Smith 4-5yrs
Beck 1yr (has to continue to produce)

Coming up prospects for next year could be:
Fiala
Arvidsson
Sissons
Aberg
possibly that Saku kid.

I know that's too many but I think the above are the most likely to be auditioning for a spot unless we sign a big name winger or center this offseason and I haven't even looked at who will be available.

I think Kamenev has about 2 yrs or so before we see him. I enjoyed this post.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
Fisher - Uncertain (as long as he wants to be a Pred, I think he's welcome)
Cullen - Uncertain (rumors of retirement and there's replacements in MIL)
Jokinen - Gone
Wilson - Re-signed
Smith - Re-signed
Ribeiro - Re-signed (unless he does something stupid or wants too much money)
Roy - Gone
Bourque - Uncertain (if he's not traded then he'll be re-signed)
Järnkrok - Re-signed
Beck - Re-signed (depends on his production)

Looking at next year's UFA centers... there are no #1 centers that I see. We still need a true #1 center. I'd love to see Ribeiro on the 2nd line, Fisher/Järnkrok/Wilson on the 3rd line and Goose on the 4th. I still think Wilson is better suited as a center, but I don't want Järnkrok pushed to the wing either.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
I don't think Wilson will be re signed if he has a mediocre year. I think this is his last year here unless he catches on fire.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
Here is How I see our team next year.

Ribeiro will be re-signed unless something crazy happens(trouble or money)
Roy And Jokinen gone
Cullen retired?
Wilson must step it up or he is traded.
Smith re-signed
Fisher retired or two year deal.
Bourque traded or released
Beck re-signed for fourth line.
Jarnkrok re-signed

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Here is How I see our team next year.

Ribeiro will be re-signed unless something crazy happens(trouble or money)
Roy And Jokinen gone
Cullen retired?

Wilson must step it up or he is traded.
Smith re-signed
Fisher retired or two year deal.
Bourque traded or released
Beck re-signed for fourth line.
Jarnkrok re-signed

I believe that those 4 are definitely gone

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
I haven't looked at the numbers, but with all four of those players gone will the team need to sign a vet to get over the cap floor?

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
Here are the cap numbers for us.
http://www.capgeek.com/predators

So we're looking at roughly 20 million coming off the books after this season. Dropping to around 39 million in salary. Wow. Even re-signing the RFAs, that's going to be awfully close to being under the cap floor. I'm not sure bringing up some younger players will be enough. Poile might have to find some veteran help just for the salary.

Edit: looking at that again, Smith will probably be due a raise and so will Ribeiro if he returns. So that will probably get the team to the floor. But there's still going to be a LOT of cap space next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad