Four Winds Bar
Testify said:
if u had to choose between
Alexei Yemelin ( MTL )
Beat-Schiess Forster ( PHX )
Jay Harrison ( TOR )
who would u pick.. and why :)

Yemelin.

Why? Because I'm a biased Habs fans. :) I know nothing about him except what I've read. I've seen Forster a couple times in the WJC and WC, and Harrison many times, however, and I don't really have very high expectations that either of them will be impactful NHL regulars, so in that sense, Yemelin has a relatively clean slate by being 4-5 years younger. He might emerge as a legit prospect, or he might become another Harrison/Forster, or worse, but at least there is some mystery and hope there. I'd take Yemelin.

eddy

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
I like what i've read about Yemelin, Kasparitis type apparently. Havn't seen or read anything on Forster, though I like Harrison hardnosed stay-at-home D, I think he's pretty safe to make the NHL because he's physical and good at defence but I can't see him being anything special either. But can't really choose cause I don't know enough of them but i've liked the little I have seen of Harrison and what i've read about Yemelin.

Habs4ever

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal, (Quebec)
Visit site
lEAFS ARE HAVING HARD TIME GIVING REGULAR SPOT TO YOUR GREAT cOLAICAVO

How is Harrison gone get time in there, if anything he'll go back to waivers in few years or traded for that 8th defencemen leafs are missing!!

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Well Forster and Harrison are essentially the same in terms of prospect nature. However Harrison is already over here and maturing in the AHL where as Forster isn't.

Yemelin its way to early and hard to compare him to Forster or Harrison simply because we havent had a chance to look at his development.

So essentially, I'd probably go with Harrison, although I'm not really keen on any of them.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Brock said:
Well Forster and Harrison are essentially the same in terms of prospect nature. However Harrison is already over here and maturing in the AHL where as Forster isn't.

I was about to reply with "Forster", but I'll have to agree with Brock here based on the fact that Harrison does play in NA and Forster doesn't at this point.

But if the question is which of the 3 is the better player, then I would go with Forster.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Fleury14 said:
But if the question is which of the 3 is the better player, then I would go with Forster.

Is that the question? Obviously Forster and Harrison are better, and I'd agree that Forster is the best. But if the question is "who would you take", from a prospect sense, I go with my original answer.

Testify

Jun 24, 2004
im in a FHLigue where we managed prospect, AHL and NHL.. I have those 3 defs in my prospect and wondering who the keep and to put up in some trade talk..

thx for all ur info :)

db23

Testify said:
im in a FHLigue where we managed prospect, AHL and NHL.. I have those 3 defs in my prospect and wondering who the keep and to put up in some trade talk..

thx for all ur info :)

Take Yemelin, he is going to be a Danny Markov type of defenceman. Not that big, but a real Pitbull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad