Forsberg

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
He was a ghost during the Blues series too. I like to think it was Pietrangelo but after this series maybe he's just that streaky.

He was unreal against Chicago. Didn't catch much of the Ducks series.

He was great against the Ducks, scored most of his playoff points against them this season. Forsberg played a more defensive style against the Blues as the Blues have definitely been the most difficult defensive team the Preds have played and they allowed very little dangerous chances, most of which were generated by the Preds rather than Blues mistakes (Different scenario in Chicago and especially Penguins case).

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
It's almost like you can shut down individual players and it becomes much easier to do so when the team doesn't really have anyone else.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
That's why I can't call him an elite winger.

Way too inconsistent.

Agreed. One of the things that makes Crosby the best player in the game is that he's impactful almost every single game - even if he's not scoring. As a winger that's hard for Forsberg - even more so without a quality center. But the absolute best wingers in the game still find a way. Forsberg is very very good - and someone I'd love to have if it could work cap wise... but that's all he is - is very very good. Perhaps with time he'll become elite - and for the sake of Nashville I hope he does - but he's not there yet.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I expected much more out of him during the finals. Sure Johansen is gone but with Forsberg's talent he should still be doing fine.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
There is a reason with Joey going down he hasn't been as good, when he is at his best scoring wise is when he is getting himself in position to score goals. When he is not scoring it is because he is playing the game like he needs to do it all himself.

You can pretty much watch his entire career with Nashville and see it. When he starts trying to skate with the puck and make a ton of passes is when he stops scoring goals. When he takes what the play around him gives him he scores goals in bunches.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Still a young guy. He's gonna be great.

Yeah he's been worse without Ryjo(like any winger would without a top center) but he did pass up on some good scoring chances and flubbed on a few as well.

Then again so has Guentzel (blew 5 great chances in game 4), difference is he scored 4 goals this series so he gets a pass.

Young players will get in their heads at times.

And whoever created this thread...thanks. He will now score 2 goals...with the 2nd coming in triple OT

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
It may not seem like it, but Preds forwards have scored only two fewer goals in the series than Pens forwards. And prior to the game five blowout, they actually outscored them through four games.

But it does certainly feel like they haven't been able to generate much of an attack.

Like I keep saying...Preds forwards aren't house hold names(yet) but you have to start somewhere. They have been great (at least at home in this aeries) at finishing on their chances.

Gaudreau could end up being a solid player. Aberg as well. Sissons could be a good C. We'll find out.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Aberg is so similar to Arvidsson's career arc. He may be in line for a big breakout in the next season or two.

Yeah...when young players step up in the playoffs like this...I usually expect them to have pretty good careers. You see so many guys play great in the reg season then disappear come playoff time. Don't think the Preds have to worry about that with these guys.

People keep saying they have a bad forward group but I think this experience that these young players are getting will do wonders for them going forward.

Add another elite center and that team should be competing for years. Def not a one and done.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
What I'm hoping from this run is that they will play more consistently next season, they now know the difference between regular season and a deep post season run, they know how to get up to that next level of effort and wanting it. This may not make a dramatic difference, but could add another 2-3 wins next year. I really think they will play hard to get home ice in the next playoff.

Atren

Jun 29, 2011
Europe
It may not seem like it, but Preds forwards have scored only two fewer goals in the series than Pens forwards. And prior to the game five blowout, they actually outscored them through four games.

But it does certainly feel like they haven't been able to generate much of an attack.

That is not true:
Game PIT NAS
G1: 5 2
G2: 9 3
G3: 10 6
G4: 11 10
G5: 15 10

Unless I made error Nashville forwards did not outscore even after four games, but it was real close.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
That is not true:
Game PIT NAS
G1: 5 2
G2: 9 3
G3: 10 6
G4: 11 10
G5: 15 10

Unless I made error Nashville forwards did not outscore even after four games, but it was real close.

Nashville gets a lot of their scoring from the back line, so you are comparing apples and oranges. When you add those goals back in, you get:

Game Pit Nas
1. 5. 3
2. 9. 4
3. 10. 9
4. 11. 13
5. 17. 13

What is surprising to me about your figures is that the Preds Dmen scored 3 goals in the first three games and none since.

Last edited:

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Forget the Finals, its been a whole decade since he's shown up on the scoresheet!

2007-02-22-forsberg.jpg

Yes i know this joke has been done but i did it best ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad