Forsberg vs Mackinnon

Who has the greatest legacy?

• Total voters

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Yup. Both incredibly special players but so different. Like I said with Joe he just had this consistency that was so special, like he wasn’t flashy in the sense that he would dangle you or make a play with 3 dudes on his back, but he would make goalies routinely look stupid with his wrist shot. Never forget game 7 where he owned Stevens and Brodeur :nod:

For me Joe Sakic and Mats Sundin are probably the most classy players all time. It's hard finding better role players on how acting on the ice and off the ice.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
MacK could certainly do with being a more consistent, yet controlled bull in a china shop. When Foppa wanted to drive the puck on net, good luck.

By my quick count Peter The Great was held, hooked, cross checked, slashed, or otherwise interfered with 3929034 times in that video alone. Man, did he turn it up to 11 against the Dead Things.

Oh, and, forget the rats, throw the hats.

Last edited:

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
All I can say it is like Mike Haynes used to shout..."Peter The Great, Peter The Great. Peter.The.Great."
I love all of the Avs, past and present, but Foppa was just a humble beast of a competitor who was as unselfish as they come. I wish he'd have shot more, but losing him is still possibly the worst I ever felt as an Avs fan. The Roy Statue of Liberty play, a few other Dead Things losses and maybe a loss or two to Dallas are up there, too.

1. Foppa
2. Super
3. Roy
4. Footer
5. Mack
HM: Deader

Absolutely loved #77 when he was here. What a joy to watch and have been able to watch win it all.

Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
How do we feel about the helmet toss vs the Cloutier nut punch?

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
How do we feel about the helmet toss vs the Cloutier nut punch?

Well, the helmet toss puts MäcKström closer to Happy Gilmore skate stab attempt than anything I recall Foppa doing.

thinking-gif.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad