Recalled/Assigned: Forsberg to Milwaukee, Beck Called Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyfever

Jan 5, 2012
We do have Watson in Milwaukee who is good defensively and is also capable of contributing to the offense.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
imho if Spaling is playing over giving Forsberg time to find his legs and game then NSH is not doing themselves any favors. Spaling has no upside...

i agree that Forsberg going to the AHL is best and should get his confidence going. that said, other teams find a way to play rookies and protect them so they can learn and get better defensively and learn...

i just really want forsberg to be great and for NSH to have a sick offensive threat.

He has points in every game so far - now 5 pts in 3 games.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
great. he got some good ice time, some points, let's get him back up here.

I want: (if Fisher can't go)

Hendricks-Gaustad-Bourque
Wilson-Legwand-Smith
Stalberg-Cullen-Forsberg
Nystrom-Spaling-Hornquist

if Fish can go:
Hendricks-Gaustad-Hornquist
Wilson-Legwand-Smith
Stalberg-Cullen-Forsberg
Nystrom-Fisher-Spaling

Blue Dot

F0rsbergFan21
Oct 15, 2006
He has points in every game so far - now 5 pts in 3 games.

yea, i was watching highlights where i could and following the ahl stats.

seemed like he did well on offense.

some tough games for Hellberg though!

Trotz seemed to announce he wanted Forsberg to get those 3 b2b games and get lots of ice, so it seemd he'd be back after that... would not mind him staying down a couple more weeks but certainly would rather see him play with the big club.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Still have not won a game without him in the line-up.....

Cellblock 303 @Cellblock303

Trotz confirms Filip Forsberg will return to @PredsNHL on @1025thegame. The #Preds are 0-6-1 w/o him in the lineup. #NHL

Shouldn't have sent him down in the 1st place.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Cellblock 303 @Cellblock303

Trotz confirms Filip Forsberg will return to @PredsNHL on @1025thegame. The #Preds are 0-6-1 w/o him in the lineup. #NHL

Shouldn't have sent him down in the 1st place.

Why not? He needed work on his game that he was not going to get on a NHL roster during the season. There is a reason for the relationship between the Preds and Ads ... exactly for situations like this ... to develop players.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Why not? He needed work on his game that he was not going to get on a NHL roster during the season. There is a reason for the relationship between the Preds and Ads ... exactly for situations like this ... to develop players.

And having him sent down for just 3 games did it? Uh-huh. :shakehead

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
To bad we can't send, Hendricks, Stalberg, Clune, Spaling, etc down everytime they needed to work on their game.....

Alex Ovechkin is a whopping -10 so far. The Caps should probably send him down..you know to work on his game.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Come on the guy is 19 and had a chance to play 3 games and get a bunch of playing time. It was the right decision.
It's silly to compare him to NHL superstar.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
No cause and effect relationship. Just like the streak where the team won if Spals scored wasn't a cause and effect. Or the winless record with Jamie Allison as the backup goalie.

And how many people have said the team is better with Legwand in the lineup? Can't have it both ways. There is a direct correlation to players in the lineup than without. Would the outcome have been much different lately, probably not but I know the PP looks better with FF on the ice than without him.

Lots can be said about this and it's all moot. We suck right now. Plain and simple.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
How do you expect Forsberg to improve and contribute offensively when he's only given like 8-10 minutes per game?

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
How do you expect Forsberg to improve and contribute offensively when he's only given like 8-10 minutes per game?

well, I guess I would expect him to realize there are easy defensive responsibilities for the wings in tis system and make the safe play when it is called for and be dynamic and explosive when it is called for. I would also expect him to work harder and produce, and by produce I mean the little things that earn Trotz's trust in the dzone so that he can have more ice time in the o-zone.

the only thing keeping him from 14-17 min a night is attention to detail

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Alex Ovechkin is a whopping -10 so far. The Caps should probably send him down..you know to work on his game.

This is like comparing apples and water buffaloes. Ovechkin was a first overall who scored over a PPG pace in his rookie year, in all situations, with any linemates. He is over a PPG this year, and would likely be so, regardless of linemates. Forsberg wouldn't come close to that production regardless of time on ice or linemates.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN

this. 100% this.

ive never been a fair weather fan but watching the preds makes me sick nowadays. I wasn't ever for a rebuild, but now I wanna blow it up.

I would rather watch this team with half of the Ads roster called up on it than what we have now.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
this. 100% this.

ive never been a fair weather fan but watching the preds makes me sick nowadays. I wasn't ever for a rebuild, but now I wanna blow it up.

I would rather watch this team with half of the Ads roster called up on it than what we have now.

This past March/April didn't do it for you?

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
this. 100% this.

Last season sucked pretty hard too, no thanks.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
The make believe numbers that get tossed around here lately make me miss when there was actual hockey discussion based on reality.

8-10 minutes a game? Forsberg doesn't have a single game this season with total TOI in that range ... he does not average in that range ... actually, his only games under 11 minutes TOI were the last two before his stint in Milwaukee.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Only Clune gets less icetime than Forsberg. Even at even strength only Clune gets less. Nystrom on the other hand leads the team in es time on ice

The result of the last two games where Forsberg's defensive errors came early. Look at his TOI in the first nine games.

Comes back from his preseason injury and plays Minn .... over 13 mins at ES, gets his only goal in the NHL to date, a 5on3 goal ... that in 1:59 of total ice time for the season. 10:54 of ES time against TOR, -2. 10:06 at ES against the Isles, -1. 13:48 ES against the Panthers, -1. 10:58 ES against the Kings. Only 6:34 ES time against the Habs ... plus over 4 mins of PP time in a game with 13 penalties which scrambled lines all night ... still a -1 that game. Back to over ten minutes of ES time against the Jets. Over 10 minutes of ES time the next time we played the Jets. Down to 8:37 against the Blues.

172:41 of career ES time in the NHL, no goals.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
101, you know just as well as I do that stats do not tell the whole picture. Linemates, offensive zone play, etc. are just as important as the final number of minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad