Recalled/Assigned: Forsberg to Milwaukee, Beck Called Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
there are certain guys that simply are not going to produce unless they are on a line with guys that compliment them. I said this when Stalberg was on the 4th line and he gets 2pts being on a top line with Wilson, Forsberg needs the same thing. I know Goose scored last night and FF9 got an A but no one is going to produce the way they are expected to by getting 7-10min a game. Especially not a guy you're looking to be an asset, playmaker, and scorer.

idk why, but nothing has made me like Beck yet.

Stalberg was on the 4th line for a couple of games as he came off an injury that cost him a good chunk of preseason and the first few games of the season ... he needed to practice and play his way back into game shape while learning the system.

Forsberg's issue is two fold ... he tends to try to do it all himself in the offensive zone and still leaves his defensive assignment too often. He needs time to adjust to NA ice and get a grasp on his relatively simple defensive role as a winger.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
there are certain guys that simply are not going to produce unless they are on a line with guys that compliment them. I said this when Stalberg was on the 4th line and he gets 2pts being on a top line with Wilson, Forsberg needs the same thing. I know Goose scored last night and FF9 got an A but no one is going to produce the way they are expected to by getting 7-10min a game. Especially not a guy you're looking to be an asset, playmaker, and scorer.

idk why, but nothing has made me like Beck yet.

I like a lot of what I saw from him last year, but am still putting it in the context of it being big minutes for a bad team at the end of the season. 7 pts in 16 games, 7.7 Shooting %. I mean, it's not bad by any means, but I don't agree with the belief that he was fantastic or definitely earned a spot. That's about a 36 point scoring pace for the season. <shrug>

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I like a lot of what I saw from him last year, but am still putting it in the context of it being big minutes for a bad team at the end of the season. 7 pts in 16 games, 7.7 Shooting %. I mean, it's not bad by any means, but I don't agree with the belief that he was fantastic or definitely earned a spot. That's about a 36 point scoring pace for the season. <shrug>
regardless of the situation with our team being depleted with injuries.. he was one of our best forwards, if not our best, some games last year. he was a big contributor to puck possession and really solid on the puck for such a young kid. good offensive guy and if any young forward has earned a spot, its beck. i thought he should have been on the opening night roster but the surplus of "sandpaper" we acquired left him no spot in trotz' eyes. im expecting beck to come in and contribute immediately just like i said ekholm would for 2 years.

and glad to see forsberg sent down to get alot of ice time in. him playing 6 minutes a night is idiotic as ive said regardless of how bad we want to see him be the top line player we have all wanted for years.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
For the record, I've agreed with you on both Ekholm and Beck.

But Hutton and Ellis suck.

hutton is what he is.. let's hope we continue to pot 4+ goals a night..

ellis is just too small, plain and simple. ive said that since we drafted him. you can see his skill set (last night's pass to wilson) but he is very limited in how he can be used. it may take him longer to adjust with his size. who knows .. he may become the next rafalski. im not against trading him when we shore up the 3rd pairing.

im excited to see beck against winnipeg. also excited to see how forsberg produces in 3 games in as many days.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Preds have not won a single game without Forsberg in the line-up.

A republican hasn't been elected president in the last 28 years without me voting for him, either. Doesn't make it cause and effect

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
I didn't get to watch the games at Cedar Park. Looking at the scoresheet it's great to see four points from Forsberg, but on the ice for three goals allowed is worrisome. Without seeing the plays it's impossible to say if his play had a role, but, the disturbing trend remains.

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
good to hear. hard to produce here in Nashville getting 5 minutes a game. just stay in Milwaukee unless trotz is ready to give him a top 6 role, defensive capabilities aside

Of course he only got 5 minutes a game in one of the games he played, but that's not a point you'd care to debate because his game log would suggest he was getting between 11 and 16 minutes in his first 9 games.

Forsberg will be fine, and this weekend in the A is not a demotion, it's not a punishment, it's merely a way to get him more in the flow of the speed of the North American game.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Of course he only got 5 minutes a game in one of the games he played, but that's not a point you'd care to debate because his game log would suggest he was getting between 11 and 16 minutes in his first 9 games.

Forsberg will be fine, and this weekend in the A is not a demotion, it's not a punishment, it's merely a way to get him more in the flow of the speed of the North American game.

6:42 and 5:07 in his last 2 games. and he showed nothing to convince trotz to give him more shifts. safe to say his ice time was going to continue around the 5-7 mins a games. not sure im getting where you're reaching for some hyperbole out of my post. i think its true when i say he would continue to get the same amount of ice time. that's from trotz comments and his lack of ES production while failing to meet his defensive responsibilities.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
6:42 and 5:07 in his last 2 games. and he showed nothing to convince trotz to give him more shifts. safe to say his ice time was going to continue around the 5-7 mins a games. not sure im getting where you're reaching for some hyperbole out of my post. i think its true when i say he would continue to get the same amount of ice time. that's from trotz comments and his lack of ES production while failing to meet his defensive responsibilities.

In both of those games his play factored into a goal by the opposition before he started seeing fewer shifts ... not playing the point at LA and failure to hold the puck in the zone leading to a breakaway vs Col.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
In both of those games his play factored into a goal by the opposition before he started seeing fewer shifts ... not playing the point at LA and failure to hold the puck in the zone leading to a breakaway vs Col.

i agree. pretty much said that in my post. i think milwaukee is best for him right now.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
i agree. pretty much said that in my post. i think milwaukee is best for him right now.

He had 5 points in 3 games over the weekend ... good in the offensive zone. The counterbalance was 3 ES goals allowed while he was on the ice. The big question is where does he fit on the big club's roster if he gets recalled and Fisher gets healthy? Clune/Goose/Hendricks is an effective 4th line and that isn't the role Forsberg (or Beck) fills. The top nine has about 11 players for the spots .... Fish/Leggy/Cullen down the middle ... Stalberg, Hornqvist, Wilson, Smith, Bourque, Nystrom then Forsberg, Beck, and Spaling.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
there really isn't any room unless we move a forward or two. spaling and nystrom being in a top 9 role pretty much seals their fate imo.

Blue Dot

F0rsbergFan21
Oct 15, 2006
im with you. i think we have alot of redundant pieces but no neck is behind the bench. im still pissed ab our string of free agent signings.

imho if Spaling is playing over giving Forsberg time to find his legs and game then NSH is not doing themselves any favors. Spaling has no upside...

i agree that Forsberg going to the AHL is best and should get his confidence going. that said, other teams find a way to play rookies and protect them so they can learn and get better defensively and learn...

i just really want forsberg to be great and for NSH to have a sick offensive threat.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Forsberg will be fine once he realizes how to cover his man in the defensive zone. Almost one goal allowed with him on the ice per game in his NHL career dating to last season. Often his play is directly involved in the opposition scoring. He doesn't have a complicated assignment in the system, he just needs to fill the role when on the ice. Until then, he'll see extremely protected ES minutes which makes it hard for him to shine offensively.

Spaling might have a limited upside compared to what Forsberg might one day bring, but he knows how to fill the defensive role when playing wing or center.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Forsberg will be fine once he realizes how to cover his man in the defensive zone. Almost one goal allowed with him on the ice per game in his NHL career dating to last season. Often his play is directly involved in the opposition scoring. He doesn't have a complicated assignment in the system, he just needs to fill the role when on the ice. Until then, he'll see extremely protected ES minutes which makes it hard for him to shine offensively.

Spaling might have a limited upside compared to what Forsberg might one day bring, but he knows how to fill the defensive role when playing wing or center.

Hmm i could have swore it was Spaling that left the Devils player wide open infront of the net tonight while defensemen where chasing battling in the corner. Good thing Hutton closed his eyes and got lucky and made the save.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad