Injury Report: Forsberg Out 4-6 Weeks

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
It's not just the games though.. they practice almost everyday and work out to keep themselves in shape. And not to mention to travel. It's very exhausting when you play and practice every other and travel on off days. If they get a break they gotta work out. Mentally too they have to be away from their families and go to the highs and lows of the season. Not easy.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
It's not just the games though.. they practice almost everyday and work out to keep themselves in shape. And not to mention to travel. It's very exhausting when you play and practice every other and travel on off days. If they get a break they gotta work out. Mentally too they have to be away from their families and go to the highs and lows of the season. Not easy.

And as I mentioned earlier, we played a full two extra months and 22 extra games in the playoff run. The most mentally and physically draining hockey you can possibly play. That is almost 1/3 of an entire regular season.......

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Sportsnet reporting that Forsberg's injury was a fractured hand and reports are he's closer to the 4 week time table rather than 6.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
303, I come from the medical world where research shows sleep and rest do more for the body that steroids. I also looked at the last 5 years of the the Stanley Cup and only 1 team out of 10 won their division. In fact, in the wild card era; 87.5% of teams were the 2nd place team or 3rd place team in their division. I want a cup banner. Not a division banner.

you do understand this is a statistical fallacy right? The fact that the Cup winners were more often not division winners doesn't in any way demonstrate that there is an advantage to being 2nd or 3rd.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
you do understand this is a statistical fallacy right? The fact that the Cup winners were more often not division winners doesn't in any way demonstrate that there is an advantage to being 2nd or 3rd.

and you are right. I could see division winners becoming rusty resting, division winners pushing, using their all to get a division and not resting. I'm wondering what the balance is to be honest?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
and you are right. I could see division winners becoming rusty resting, division winners pushing, using their all to get a division and not resting. I'm wondering what the balance is to be honest?

You might have a point if you could show me an instance where someone in 2nd or 3rd "rested" at any time. Playoff position is rarely determined more than a game or two in advance, and every team is humping it full out until then. In fact the only teams that could conceivably rest longer are teams that run away with their divisions.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
So this Thursday will be 4 weeks, and thus almost 5 weeks when the AS break ends. Any update on his anticipated return?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad