Injury Report: Forsberg Out 4-6 Weeks

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Not sure if this has been discussed anywhere here or not but that's a serious cast on his arm
IMG_0154.PNG

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
OK, could be a lot worse. Back by mid-Fed with almost 2 months of reg season left to get everyone back in the groove.

Sounds familiar.....

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Good thing the human rocket ship is back.

Would now be the time to trade a defenseman?

We have 4 very high quality defensemen and 4 3rd pairing guys. What could we realistically acquire for Ellis or Ekholm?

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Good thing the human rocket ship is back.

Would now be the time to trade a defenseman?

We have 4 very high quality defensemen and 4 3rd pairing guys. What could we realistically acquire for Ellis or Ekholm?
while the thought has crossed my mind, I don't see paying that price to solve a max 4 1/2 week (Bye week + All Star Break subtracted) problem for the team.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
Not sure if this has been discussed anywhere here or not but that's a serious cast on his arm
IMG_0154.PNG

Anyone watch the games against the Wild to see when and how it happened? Was it a slash? Or an awkward tumble into the boards? I'd like a Minnesota player to direct my anger toward, instead of it just being a fluke play.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Anyone watch the games against the Wild to see when and how it happened? Was it a slash? Or an awkward tumble into the boards? I'd like a Minnesota player to direct my anger toward, instead of it just being a fluke play.

I would like to see it as well

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
It's possible this was an even earlier injury than last weekend and it was injured more/wasn't getting better so they decided to shut it down. Who knows?

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
That's to early Feb to mid-Feb. The injuries suck but by goodness Ellis and Forsberg and Hartnell will have some tread on the tires come playoff time. This team can make the playoffs but with a somewhat rested Ellis and Forsberg. Interesting.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
rest is way overrated in hockey. you're talking about professional atheletes in great physical shape playing 3 games a week here for 20 minutes at a time.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
It would be nice if #92 would play up to his capabilities to cover the scoring loss while Forsberg is out.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
It would be nice if #92 would play up to his capabilities to cover the scoring loss while Forsberg is out.
don't count on it. he's been disappointing for the majority of the year.

as has been said, the positive is the 4-6 weeks runs right through the "lighter" part of our schedule in terms of volume and divisional opponents.

BigFatCat999

Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I'm about to write something that will upset people. If Forsberg misses some time and the injury is not threatening to his career, good. Keep some tread on the tires for the playoffs. The season is a meatgrinder and if he plays 75 games max, good.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I'm about to write something that will upset people. If Forsberg misses some time and the injury is not threatening to his career, good. Keep some tread on the tires for the playoffs. The season is a meatgrinder and if he plays 75 games max, good.
Well it's not so good for my hockey pool.

I wonder if Aberg might get a little more opportunity again to try to step up and contribute? Obviously he's not going to replace Forsberg or anything. But if he can just chip in and get a little more regular ice, maybe that would help bring a little value back on him.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
rest is way overrated in hockey. you're talking about professional atheletes in great physical shape playing 3 games a week here for 20 minutes at a time.

I don't know- one thing to consider is that we are in the same situation that teams like the Penguins and Hawks have had to deal with alot in the past- and that is the added stress of a long playoff run. Since the beginning of last season, we have played a ton of hockey, more than any team other than the Pens, and had a very short offseason. That absolutely have an effect..

FF played in every one of those games. I absolutely believe that a break like this could give him a little more juice come playoff time. Same goes for Ellis.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
I couldn't disagree more. The fewer games played the better as far as I'm concerned. It is a physical sport. Even NBA coaches realize the importance of resting players in a long season.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
admittedly it's a physical game. bumps, bruises heal with a few games off. there is of course a large mental fatigue element as well, especially for goalies who have to be mentally sharp and focused during every minute of play. a few games off can no doubt be a benefit here and there for all players, especially goalies because of the mental aspect. 6 weeks off isn't better than getting 5 days off though. so saying 'hey at least forsberg will be rested for when he comes back in mid february for the playoffs 2 months later' or 'ellis will be somewhat reasted because he missed the first 3 months' is a huge stretch and a futile attempt to put as good a light as you can on early season injuries.

but everyone has the right to believe what they want to believe

BigFatCat999

Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
303, I come from the medical world where research shows sleep and rest do more for the body that steroids. I also looked at the last 5 years of the the Stanley Cup and only 1 team out of 10 won their division. In fact, in the wild card era; 87.5% of teams were the 2nd place team or 3rd place team in their division. I want a cup banner. Not a division banner.

Reactions: adsfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad