Former stars who drag their team down.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Sedins have understandably slowed down but they're still 1 and 2 in team scoring. Hardly dragging their team down

Apparently by deploying Sbisa almost exclusively with the Sedins in the offensive zone we are neutering Sbisa's true potential by tying him to the Sedins. Yes, that is how crazy and nonsensical the Canucks board is these days.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Detroit is in such a bad position that they don't even have any former stars on the roster, except Zetterberg. And his broken-down ass has actually been one of the best players for the team this year.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Detroit is in such a bad position that they don't even have any former stars on the roster, except Zetterberg. And his broken-down ass has actually been one of the best players for the team this year.
Green and Vanek are former stars.

Both having decent seasons but still they are former stars

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Bobby Ryan and Dion Phaneuf.

Some Sens fans are ridiculous. At the start of the season, I'm pretty confident that the players, the coach, the GM, the ownership and the fanbase would have been thrilled to go in to the Christmas break sitting solidly in second in the Atlantic. But to read the Sens board, you'd think all that was on the team was a bunch of no good, do nothing, over paid, over the hill beer leaguers.

A4T1L6

Feb 10, 2015
Montreal has 46 points to Toronto's 31. How many points ahead of you do you think we would without him? 25? 30?

Its nice to see a Leafs fan be so positive about the Habs roster to think we be so infinitely better than them if not for one player. Way to stay positive amid your teams failure! :handclap::handclap:

lol

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 4 characters.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
He's been there a long time. The ultimate game changer. In a bad way. Although he also has never been a star.

NHL All-Star Game
2011, 2012*, 2015, 2016

5th highest points per game average for a defenseman over the last 5 years.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I love how Leafs fans so desperately want Phaneuf to be a failure in Ottawa. He's been very solid in his role for us.

Sure, he's a bit slow, but he's been a key part on the first unit of our rapidly improving power play. He's been tough to play against, and solid veteran presence. He's FAR from dragging the team down.

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
you could basically list every veteran player the Avs signed in these past few years here but as of now, this thread has only one possible answer: Jarome Iginla ainec. I don't remember to have ever seen a player decay so much, dude is not even a shade of himself anymore. more like the shade of his shade. :help:

chunkylover53

Nov 26, 2013
I'm going to be anti-crowd and say NOT Iginla. The Avs just stink in general, and Iginla is no more special in that regard.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal

CzK1q2LXUAAtTQB.jpg
CzK5ROaXAAEHLnM.jpg

Morgan Rielly boys

Bonus:

CzLZ54nWIAAEvy7.jpg:large
CzK3pevXcAA8GkV.jpg

CzLaoMEWIAAaAVa.jpg:large
CzLaGOzWgAE8L44.jpg

CzLaKwnWQAQHinE.jpg
CzLaaPuXUAApQsC.jpg

CzLcVlIXgAAY1az.jpg
CzLcePKXAAEIHRR.jpg

Last edited:

Kale Makar

Lets go Aves?
Apr 17, 2013
Denver, CO
I understand Iginla isn't the same Iginla we all remember, but is he really the one dragging the team down when you have Rene Bourque (yes I know he is leading the team in goals some how), Joe Colborne and Blake Comeau in your top 6/9.

I mean they all suck but yes, Iginla is glaringly bad this year. Makes dumb passes to nowhere and is useless holding the puck. Absolutely terrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad