Former Players Speaking Out

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Not a single person involved in the NHL is ok with how Melnyk is running things.

Boucher getting fired hours after getting a vote of confidence was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Bryan Murray was well known and respected. People are not going to take Melnyk trampling over his legacy anymore.
The guy went to his grave fighting to keep the sanity of the team ....After he was gone that removed the last saftey valve for our unhinged owner

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Does anyone have a link to the Picard and Fraser interviews please? Would love to hear. Thank you in advance

Acidrain66

Jun 13, 2018
As much as it's talking heads, Maclean and Burke and players all breaking the usual hockey code of silence is extremely unusual, and supports their claims of the "unprecedented" nature of the Ottawa situation.

Remember Mark Stone's Mother " It's a ****show" ..
And guess what, it was at Vegas!

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think most here agree that all of the problems with this organization lie with the ownership. The GM & coach are inept but they were hired by him because they were the bottom of the barrel management team that were the cheapest to hire. The best of the worst.

Reactions: topshelf15

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Hockeycentral at noon was really interesting today. Doug Mclean and Brian Burke pretty much just roasting the Sens org for being an embarrassment.

Towards the end Brian Burke noted that he is positive Gary and the league will step in and do something about this. Whether it's finding a new owner (if that's the proper course), or getting involved and recommending a proper org structure so it's not such a mess.

Thought it was interesting considering how well Burkie knows Gary. He said that you can bet the league office is not happy about this whole situation, and that while technically "the owners work for Gary", Gary has asserted himself enough during his tenure, that the owners comply with the standards Gary sets out, and they'll do what he says.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Towards the end Brian Burke noted that he is positive Gary and the league will step in and do something about this. Whether it's finding a new owner (if that's the proper course), or getting involved and recommending a proper org structure so it's not such a mess.

I was always convinced that the league stepped in during the circus days of Sexton, Dave allison and Yashin sitting out. Pierre Gauthier came in, immediately hired Jacques Martin and the team was stabilized for quite awhile.. Maybe they could do that again, Melnyk would need to want the help though.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Hockeycentral at noon was really interesting today. Doug Mclean and Brian Burke pretty much just roasting the Sens org for being an embarrassment.

Thought it was interesting considering how well Burkie knows Gary. He said that you can bet the league office is not happy about this whole situation, and that while technically "the owners work for Gary", Gary has asserted himself enough during his tenure, that the owners comply with the standards Gary sets out, and they'll do what he says.

Not a Burke fan whatsoever, but goddamn does that feel like good news that hes delivering, and I completely trust his opinion on this.

Im holding out hope that Burke is right and that Bettman and the league are working overtime to figure out a way to quietly get Melnyk as far away from the NHL as possible. I mean, how could they not be at this point? Hes really, really bad for business, which is what this is all about.

Thank christ the media is doing their part to not let this insanity go, and not letting Melnyk get away with his bush league antics anymore. Its nice to see everyone unanimously agree that Sens fans (and the NHL) deserve much better.

Reactions: topshelf15 and Yak

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Sid who defended Melnyk over the billboards last year went at him

#MelnykOuts wheels are spinning.

Sid seems to strongly believe Melnyk had Boucher fired to get the subject of the Lebreton talk out of the media.

First time I had real respect for Sid. Usually can't stand him, but actually give him credit for calling out the team

Reactions: Acidrain66

GoSenatorsGo

Nov 9, 2007
Sid who defended Melnyk over the billboards last year went at him

#MelnykOuts wheels are spinning.

Sid seems to strongly believe Melnyk had Boucher fired to get the subject of the Lebreton talk out of the media.

Saw this yesterday . When main stream Toronto media starts destroying the Senators and calling them out, you gotta think Bettman and the NHL are about to get involved. Tim and Sid were bang on about everything they said. Something is going to have to give here soon as I believe this is approaching irreparable, not only to the fans, but to corporate sponsors.

Last edited:
Reactions: topshelf15

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
This is exactly why it was done. They think they are being clever and changing the channel. It’s only amplifying scrutiny of Melnyk.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Saw this yesterday . When main stream Toronto media starts destroying the Senators and calling them out, you gotta think Bettman and the NHL are about to get involved. Tim and Sid were bang on about everything they said. Something is going to have to give here soon.
Since the outdoor game Tim and Sid have been criticizing Ottawa's management.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
The NHL wont do anything. Melnyk is our owner unless he suddenly wants to sell.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
First time I had real respect for Sid. Usually can't stand him, but actually give him credit for calling out the team

He’s done it multiple times now.

Dude is obnoxious but I like the vitriol.

GoSenatorsGo

Nov 9, 2007
The NHL wont do anything. Melnyk is our owner unless he suddenly wants to sell.
While I normally agree, I don’t think the NHL will step in with any of the PR crap going on, however, I think they will step in when it comes to Lebreton and anything that can potentially cost the league money.

Reactions: Acidrain66

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
things are coming to a head here but believe me that the NHL has wanted Melnyk out for a while and he is very much persona non grata in the league. He’s got no money left, league doesn’t want to move it’s teams.

Surely there’s a group in Ottawa that can buy this team.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Bettman will step in some shape or form at some point, but we won't hear about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $370.00