Former Players Speaking Out

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Move this thread wherever it needs to be, but a couple of former players are speaking on the trainwreck that os the Ottawa Senators. First Mark Fraser and today Alex Picard. Obviously theses guys don't move the needle at all, but it's only a matter of time before there are more.

Sorry I am unsure of how to post Tweets in here, but have a look.

**For the usual suspects that will come here and rip on me for using these fringe players as examples of former players for speaking out, I am very aware of what type of players they were and no, they are not looking to make a name for themselves by speaking out**

Last edited:
Reactions: RaMai

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
Move this thread wherever it needs to be, but a couple of former players are speaking on the trainwreck that os the Ottawa Senators. First Mark Fraser and today Alex Picard. Obviously theses guys don't move the needle at all, but it's only a matter of time before there are more.

Sorry I am unsure of how to post Tweets in here, but have a look.

What did Picard say?

And how long has it been since Picard was a sen? it feels like its been ages.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
It won't matter. Melnyk will luck out on another loan then cry poor in a couple years when it's hurting his finances and he can't pay it back.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
What did Picard say?

And how long has it been since Picard was a sen? it feels like its been ages.
Just basically saying how tough it must be to be a player here. Former players will start speaking out, all it takes are a couple. I get that these two guys were fringe NHL players, but their opinions are still valid and all it takes is one prominent player or media member to start speaking out. Its coming folks, there are cracks in the dam that is Uncle Euge.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Not a single person involved in the NHL is ok with how Melnyk is running things.

Boucher getting fired hours after getting a vote of confidence was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Bryan Murray was well known and respected. People are not going to take Melnyk trampling over his legacy anymore.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
A former ex Sen, didn't say who, was interviewed and said that the situation was terrible and he felt for the fans. Said that there were really great guys in the room. I think this was after the Vegas expansion draft.

My guess was it was either Methot or MacArthur

I mean none of this should be surprising but I hope more people come forward and really put the spot light on this glowing piece of shit and his management team

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Leeder, Alfie, Methot, likely all have nothing to lose at this point. Would be awesome to hear from those guys.

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
With how big a piece of trash Melnyk is, it’s surprising he hasn’t had a Donald Sterling incident or had a #MeToo dropped on him

Seems like the only way for him to sell lol

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
I can guarantee you Melnyk doesn't care what the "Little man" is saying (Ex players, staff, etc). He's only worries about one person and one person only. Eugene Melnyk. He's just too selfish.

Reactions: topshelf15

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
With how big a piece of trash Melnyk is, it’s surprising he hasn’t had a Donald Sterling incident or had a #MeToo dropped on him

Seems like the only way for him to sell lol
Seems like everyone that publicly tries to shame him is met with a lawsuit threat (re Wallace, #MelnykOut guy, etc.)

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I can guarantee you Melnyk doesn't care what the "Little man" is saying (Ex players, staff, etc). He's only worries about one person and one person only. Eugene Melnyk. He's just too selfish.
He may not care, but the National media is finally starting to notice and speak up. If speaking up and out on Melnyk continues, the league will have no choice but to step in.

Betax

Jun 25, 2018

The one other person he would care about is Gary Bettman.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Marc Methot is angling for a media job in Ottawa after her retires, which might as soon as this summer.

I'd love to hear from him...

Methot got picked up because Phaneuf would not wave his no movement clause. I don't know how they could have changed that & as it turned out it was a good move since Methot hasn't played any significant hockey since then due to injuries.

Seems like everyone that publicly tries to shame him is met with a lawsuit threat (re Wallace, #MelnykOut guy, etc.)

Isn't that what billionaires do? Try & financially bankrupt people to shut them up or buy them off.

Reactions: Cosmix

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
Leeder would be a fun one to hear from, but he has far too much integrity to say anything.

I have never been further away from financial support of the Ottawa Senators, which is INSANE, because I didn’t think that was possible throughout the season.

They have some serious, serious work to do over the next buncha years.

Reactions: aragorn

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Methot got picked up because Phaneuf would not wave his no movement clause. I don't know how they could have changed that & as it turned out it was a good move since Methot hasn't played any significant hockey since then due to injuries.
What does this have to do with the part you quoted? Nobody is debating the merits of keeping him vs. exposing him. But his insight into the dysfunctional mess this team is would be valuable.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
What does this have to do with the part you quoted? Nobody is debating the merits of keeping him vs. exposing him. But his insight into the dysfunctional mess this team is would be valuable.
I just thought if he brought up him leaving because that actually turned out okay for the Sens but agree anyone who has inside knowledge coming forward would be interesting although it's kind of rare.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad