Former NHL'er Andre Deveaux assaults player during warmups in Sweden

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Wow! That was pretty crazy stuff

Just gets off the bench and simply hacks at it like he's weilding a claymore!

He just went all barbarian on that guy out of nowhere

Bobby Clarke approves.

No, no that was different

That was during the cold war and it's fine if it's a good ol' Canadian boy who does it to some stinkin' Russian

The shame of a nation as far as I'm concerned, I was so gutted when I saw that we had to cheat to win that series

Flaming Satan

Driving into Legacy
May 29, 2014
YYC
That begs prison time. His response was even worse, he basically said he felt no remorse and would do the same thing again if he had the chance to redo it.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Supposedly it was revenge for a hit in the last game.

Deveaux had the following to say:

"It was messy during the warmup. Some words were thrown back and forth. Than that happens. No one got hurt so it wasn't a big deal"

When asked if he regrets doing it:

"No. He played. He was fine. I'll think of him while I celebrate with the team" (Rögle got promoted to SHL).

It's scary that he seems to feel absolutely no remorse.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Of course, it would have been completely fine if he had skated towards, him, shoved him, given him 3 seconds to drop the gloves, and then slugged him in the face. But this was just...an assault is what it was.

OutspokenMinority*

gotta keep your head on a swivel, kid. welcome to the NHL. or the JASDKFLAADSFL or whatever league that is.

as for the other guy, 18 months in lockup for assault with a deadly weapon.

Gormo

Holupchi
Nov 12, 2010
No, no that was different

That was during the cold war and it's fine if it's a good ol' Canadian boy who does it to some stinkin' Russian

The shame of a nation as far as I'm concerned, I was so gutted when I saw that we had to cheat to win that series

Agreed.

Listening to the hockey legends who defend that action turns my stomach.

vfactor

Dec 8, 2009
Montreal
This is the most wtf hockey incident in my personal repository. I don't have any excuse for the guy. Somehow it looks like he may had that very last moment instinct to hold back or he really just want to scare the guy? Either way, it's a ban for me for a very long time for that action alone not he consequence of it. You don't even see it in garage league or NAHL.

MaKi

Marschak's #1 Fan
Apr 13, 2007
Marschak's Bandwagon
Before reading his comments my initial thought was that he was having an acid flashback and thought the guy was a dragon or something... lol

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
I don't understand the context of this at all.

The guy wasn't facing him and clearly not paying attention to him and then after a short delay he goes full meltdown in what appears to be an unprovoked action.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad