Former NHL'er Andre Deveaux assaults player during warmups in Sweden

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
What a nut. One can sympathize with his story if he said the trauma of being worried given his child on the way pushed him into a rage. I don't see how this required self defense of that nature. It's not self defense at all...

Topkatz

Jul 23, 2010
I feel bad for the guy that he sustained a concussion that is affecting his private life. But what is his point here? That because another player didn't get a penalty in a different game, he was entitled to attack that player during warmups?

I mean, I guess this was effective in filling in some of the details around the incident. But it doesn't shift any of the blame away from him, and if anything it reinforces that he's obviously unrepentant and therefore an ongoing danger to the players around him.

Hopefully his insurance allows him to get some help.

Healthcare is not private in Sweden.

Well... there is optional private care, but everybody is entitled to state healthcare.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
His agent came out and said he has been affected tremendously by the concussion and has not been himself. He was hit from behind dangerously hard and lost consciousness. On top of that, the player talked **** about doing it again. If he went into the boards at a different angle he would have broken his neck.

Now that doesn't excuse the pre-game attack at all. That was plain stupid. But if it was me I woulda waited till the first shift of the game together and mauled the punk. His mistake was not waiting to do it during gameplay. Then we wouldn't even be talking about this. He clearly had some sort of panic attack and freaked out.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
His agent came out and said he has been affected tremendously by the concussion and has not been himself. He was hit from behind dangerously hard and lost consciousness. On top of that, the player talked **** about doing it again. If he went into the boards at a different angle he would have broken his neck.

Now that doesn't excuse the pre-game attack at all. That was plain stupid. But if it was me I woulda waited till the first shift of the game together and mauled the punk. His mistake was not waiting to do it during gameplay. Then we wouldn't even be talking about this. He clearly had some sort of panic attack and freaked out.

Or maybe he's just a complete imbecile ? 6ft4 235 lbs Andre Deveaux is afraid of 5ft10 200 lbs Per Helmersson ? He freaked out ? Cry me a ****ing river. If he was mad at the other guy for the hit from behind, he just had to wait until the game started to drop the gloves and pound his face.

He got what he deserved, to be banned from the league for a year. He's a coward. It's everyone's fault, but not his. SMH.

ClicheGuevara

Mar 29, 2004
San Jose, CA
original.jpg

Concussions have warped my fragile little mind!

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I dunno. The slash looks a whole lot worse than it was. A two-hander to the skate blade.

I mean, Phil Kessel's was to the actual leg.

That doesn't excuse the craziness of it all though.

There's no way any legal penalties come from this. 1 Year ban is a tad harsh, considering nothing was broken except for some feelings and a possible skate blade.

Now you can all call me a crazy idiot who agrees and supports Deveaux doing the slash, and think he was right in doing so, and his reasoning is awesome!

(P.S, it's not any of that. Just think the slash is overblown :) )

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad