News Article: Former Leaf Nik Antropov, hoping for NHL return

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Too old, too slow, and besides, we already have our injury prone player in Lupul!

Reddaye

Nov 1, 2011
New Brunswick
Just doesn't have the foot speed to make any sort of impact in the NHL. Might be decent parked in front of the net, but you have to be able to get there in a timely manner.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
Now there's a name I haven't heard in a while! I still remember his fantastic rookie season. He seemed destined for great things back then...

SoVi3t

Sep 16, 2009
I don't want him back on the Leafs, but he was great in the playoffs for us, last time he was with us.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Danil has potential. Anyone catching the OHL Cup over the past several days can see that. Will be a high pick in a few years, no question whatsoever.

FazeLeaf*

His son is really good. My youngest brother goes to his school, and raves about his skills.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
As much as some people harp about Grabner, he's exactly the type of older player you want to sign. You can't count on them providing an offensive element any more, but can use them in defensive settings like the penalty-kill. Michael Grabner is within a few seconds of playing the most penalty-killing per game of any forward in the NHL. (Byron Froese makes the top 10 as well)

The only thing I could see doing with Antrovpov is give him the over 2 minutes a game on the PP like Brad Boyes had gotten. Hopefully his Tim Kerr impression would be better and end up with more then 2 pp goals to show for it. But hopefully there would be younger options.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Wow I remember Antropov's whole time in Toronto from his rookie season until the day he was traded. To think he has a son that could be drafted in a few years makes me feel a lot older today.

To be fair Antropov is 36 and his son will turn 16, meaning Nik was a dad around 20. He just had a kid at a young age, it's not you. ;)

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
His kid pulled off a sick move on that penalty shot. Never seen that before.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Not really interested, but in hindsight the Leafs should have kept him around during that Burke era rebuild. We got nothing of value back for him and his body type and game could have helped stabilize things a lot more. Same with Dominic Moore.

We got a 2nd unfortunately Burke cant draft to save his life

Who'd he take with that pick, Kenny Ryan?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad