News Article: Former Leaf Nik Antropov, hoping for NHL return

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/former-maple-leaf-antropov-hopes-for-nhl-return/

“I have a year or two in me for sure,†Antropov said via the Toronto Sun. “We’re talking to a couple of teams, who I won’t name. My experience is huge (not to mention he’s still 6-foot-6). I know the game has gotten a lot faster, which is why I’m at this camp. We’ll see where I end up.

Not sure I want him here, but I'm certainly rooting for him.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London

I'd take him back for one year at the right price. He was a good puck controlling center. Was good at tiring out the other team in the offensive end and responsible on the other.

He's no all-star certainly, but I always liked him when he was here. There have been very few likable Leafs for me the last few years. I actually like Nik.

draeko17

Jul 7, 2007
Saw this article this morning. Definitely rooting for him to get another opportunity. Always liked him (my first jersey, actually. :) Then he was traded..... they can't trade Salming so that was the second one...lol). Anyway, Good Luck to Nik.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Saw this article this morning. Definitely rooting for him to get another opportunity. Always liked him (my first jersey, actually. :) Then he was traded..... they can't trade Salming so that was the second one...lol). Anyway, Good Luck to Nik.

Not with that attitude they cant!

mikebel111*

I dont mind him back or at least on a tryout.
Got too much heat from fans here I thought

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
I thought he was a useful player but I can't see him being useful anymore given he's been out of the league for so long, and that the league has become so much faster.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Barys Astana was the last team he played for.
Nik was good defensively and has that passing game/creating game going on. He has now seen a lot during his life, toronto was a great place to school that young nik kid at the first place. Now he's seen even more. He will not be a maple leaf ever again though. With our current personel sitting on dubs they will not be calling nik antropov I guarantee it.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
No interest here. If he has no potential TDL value, no long term value, or superior leadership value, why waste the card?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Not really interested, but in hindsight the Leafs should have kept him around during that Burke era rebuild. We got nothing of value back for him and his body type and game could have helped stabilize things a lot more. Same with Dominic Moore.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I think both Antropov and Ponikarovsky became Canadian citizens so it could be coming home in a way. He didn't seem to be much of a player in his last days as a Jet. I doubt there'll be much interest.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
Meh, I'd pto him. Seemed they got close to doing the same with Kaberle last year. No intent to sign, but throw him out in some preseason games and get him some exposure as a thanks for years of play with the team. Doing so doesn't hurt the team, and probably looks good to other players who see the Leafs helping their own in the twilight of their careers.

LeafsFIO*

Not really interested, but in hindsight the Leafs should have kept him around during that Burke era rebuild. We got nothing of value back for him and his body type and game could have helped stabilize things a lot more. Same with Dominic Moore.

They wouldn't have Holland today if they didn't make the Antropov trade.......

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
He ead a habs killer. He had alot of good qualities after he put all his injuries behind him. He is ad good as anyone bottom six right now if he is just as good as he left.

I would enjoy Nik coming back. Never liked losing him to begin with. His cost kind of signed his ticket out of town because he was on a team that was a disaster with salary costs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad