Former Hab Steve Begin graduates high school 22 years after dropping out

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Appears to be the opposite. Begin succeeded in hockey and in business, and seems secure enough to 'out' his lack of education.
Yeah, wearing a tshirt with a logo of the company and getting his diploma on a stage with banners all around him

You literally can finish your high school in two months by doing bare minimum work... if he really wanted it done, hed have done it like the thousands of people who do it...

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Okay guys, enough of your crappy, unoriginal jokes. If you want to bash the Habs management do it elsewhere. Consider this your only warning.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
That is seriously impressive.

I remember entering Cegep and wanted to pass my High shool Chemistry class at home (I failed).
After my Baccalaureat, I wanted to do partial time a Master @ school while working. (I failed)
I failed with lack of motivation.

My wife returned to school with 2 young kids at home. I'm really impressed by her.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Yeah, wearing a tshirt with a logo of the company and getting his diploma on a stage with banners all around him

You literally can finish your high school in two months by doing bare minimum work... if he really wanted it done, hed have done it like the thousands of people who do it...
You think he was paid by ChallengeU?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

What does he gain by waving a giant flag that says, "I never finished high-school"? Begin volunteered to place himself in an unfavourable light, where the risk of ridicule far outweighs any personal benefits. I don't get where your cynicism is coming from.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
What does he gain by waving a giant flag that says, "I never finished high-school"? Begin volunteered to place himself in an unfavourable light, where the risk of ridicule far outweighs any personal benefits. I don't get where your cynicism is coming from.
Hes doing it, so he has to gain something, right?

Wether you think hes done it for himself or for ChallengeU, hes in the spotlight.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Hes doing it, so he has to gain something, right?

Wether you think hes done it for himself or for ChallengeU, hes in the spotlight.
If Begin ends up with a rich book deal, or goes on tour as a spokesman for adult education, or it turns out women love high-school dropouts, then I guess he will have gained something. Otherwise, this looks like a public figure willing to air his dirty laundry in service of a greater good.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
He cost us a playoff birth with another one of his stupid penalties. I think that's where Danault and Shaw learned how to do it.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Good grief. The. Cynic(s).

To the cynics and anyone else. Education is valuable but at times I think it is overrated as well. I have no idea the status of Begin's own company and I am too lazy to look at what it even is specifically. I was more more enamored with the fact he chose to complete something he felt was missing. So what if he took free online courses - the end result was he "passed the test" and met the criteria.

My Dad came out of the military and started his own business and built a successful business. His formal education ended at the end of 8th grade. He never finished his schooling and at times he has made comments that seem like he maybe wishes he would have. On the other hand he is very proud of what he built through hard work.

Seems like Begin went about this the right way and he too is proud. Why read more into it? I don't understand.

Reactions: ECWHSWI

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
L'école des Adultes ça rappele des vieux souvenirs pour plusieurs. Suffit d'être tellement motivé et acharné en même temps. Se donnant le maximum d'effort. Remplissant tes modules tout seul. Là en ligne presque identique sauf que c'est par internet. Tu peux tellement être discret et lâcher prise. De façon autonome c'est à toi de mettre les points sur les i en coulant réussir. Personne ne te le fera à ta place. Donc, Steve lui qui a connu des moments durs dans son enfance à Trois-Rivières en connaissant quelques échecs personnels. Cet individu laissera un message encourageant à notre jeunesse québécoise de croire en eux. Ainsi que de ne pas abandonner à chaque fois qu'il y'a des challenges durs. Tout est possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad