Former Ducks, 2019-20

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
I would have liked to see Perry and Cogs win, but good for Maroon. Regardless of his personality, the guy brings it and does well in big games. I appreciate that. This final (between these two teams) was very likely a possibility regardless of the type of season the NHL had, but it still will be a * for me.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Even this year IIRC Theodore was 4th or 5th in Norris voting.

He was 6th.. but only 2% of voters had him on their ballot and it was mostly 4th and 5th place votes. Anything after the top 4-5 in most awards is just a bunch of random votes from guys pushing players they like. In Theodores case there would have been a bunch of analytics guys who don’t look at the context of his usage throwing votes his way.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I had always wondered this about Kase. I did appreciate that he was one of the few on the team who was willing to shoot the puck, but it seems like the fact that he took many low danger shots inflated his ‘possession’ metrics.

Reactions: Kalv

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Perry continues his tour-de-NHL. This time in Montreal -- 1 year, $750k.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Sort of an odd fit, the Habs have a ton of RWs already and lot's of wingers in general. Right now Perry would be a taxi squad guy on paper.

Guessing that due to COVID and the divisional realignment, he wanted to play as close to home as possible.

Toronto and Ottawa made their moves already, Montreal was the next closest place.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
odd place to sign. i get wanting to be closer to home but there's really no room on that roster for him

wouldn't be surprised if he's cut by midseason

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Guessing that due to COVID and the divisional realignment, he wanted to play as close to home as possible.

Toronto and Ottawa made their moves already, Montreal was the next closest place.

That probably was a big factor for sure, or perhaps the Habs could have been the only team offering more than a tryout at this point.

Just doesn't seem like a very good fit with all their winger depth. I had thought or maybe hoped he had still shown enough to be scooped up by someone who still had him pencilled into their bottom six.

Toronto was probably his most ideal fit until they signed Simmonds.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Yeah I’ll echo that it’s a weird fit. Montreal have four top 9 wingers or better on their roster currently.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
Hope to see Vats find a new home soon. There were rumblings of the Canucks having interest but now the reports have them focused on Hamonic.

I suspect Vatanen will at the latest sign with a team with some LTIR options on roster day.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Gudbranson named alternative captain for the Sens. Well deserved, good to see him with his home team in this role. Feels like it should be exciting for him.
I really appreciate his stint with us

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->